£25 for a gear service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
spindrift said:
Nothing's replaced. I immediately ease off when it slips, it's only done it half a dozen times.

mate it sounds like the lock ring on the cassette is loose. Get a firm grip of the largest ring on the wheel and try and move it in and out if it does move get the shop to nip it up for you. If it is just 6months old get them told!! you have a year to find all the falts and get it done foc.:evil:

Tynan

Veteran
what did they do then if nothing's changed?

adjust the gears?

and it still isn't correct on a six month old bike?

I do but I havent got the specalist tools to do the bottom bracket so I normally get them to service it.

spindrift said:
I'll do what I like with my money thanks. Why are people being arses, it's only a question.

Sorry if I came across all arsey, after twenty years in bike shops ones hackles rise when someone starts talking about bike shop labour rates being steep. My apologies. Sounds like your bike shop did rip you off. :evil:

Its funny that no-one ever questioned my rates when I was a plumber but people regularly complained about prices in the bike shop.

CotterPin

OYB on Tooley Street? I try to avoid that shop ever since one of their staff tried to tell my colleague (a new cyclist) that it's illegal to ride a bike without a helmet. If they give out that kind of wrongheaded advice what's their servicing like?

Top Bottom