£25 for a gear service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

The sales assistant was Australian so maybe confusing the laws back home with those over here. To be fair, one of the mechanics did give me some mudguard bolts for free. I guess that's why you ended up paying three quid for zipties!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Its maybe worth remembering that although we should all be capable of some servicing ourselves (and can get enormous pleasure from doing so)...not all of us have the equipment, time or skills.

I'm an engineer, have no problem taking on most tasks...but....
3 bikes over 6 years, many thousands of miles covered...i have never had to touch the gears.
Ive done everything else, stripped headsets, replaced stems, cassettes, stripped freewheels, overhauled wheel hubs, strip and cleaned brakes, derailleurs, BBs....but never adjusted gears.

Would i want to...yes. Will i if i need to...no.
There's even videos on Youtube i think...but you still really need a stand before you even start. Can i be bothered...no.
5 minutes in a bike shop....job done.

gbb what is the truck in your avatar? Its obviously C1930, looks like its not a Ford. Is it a Chevy? Its really bugging me.

Rear mechs are quite easy, you should have a go!

gbb

Legendary Member
mickle said:
gbb what is the truck in your avatar? Its obviously C1930, looks like its not a Ford. Is it a Chevy? Its really bugging me.

Rear mechs are quite easy, you should have a go!

LOL, as close as i can get, its a 30 to 33 Chevy, but definately a Chevy.
You can see better here...
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/gbb_photo/?action=view&current=DSC01601.jpg

The other grey truck...
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/gbb_photo/Carmelo Uruguay/?action=view&current=DSC01613.jpg

Any idea what it is...

Theres quite a few like these in Uruguay...i wanted to bring one home :evil:. Everything from say the 1920s....loads of 50s, 60s and 70s trucks and cars...all in regular use.

Top Bottom