£300 a week on petrol!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
Thats what my colleage spends on fuel for his commute !!! Swindon to Heathrow everyday.He does have a large petrol engined BMW!!!!!

ASC1951

Guru
Thats what my colleage spends on fuel for his commute !!! Swindon to Heathrow everyday.He does have a large petrol engined BMW!!!!!
... and a very small brain.

400bhp

Guru
Maybe he just gets paid a relatively large amount, enough that he doesn't really worry about it?

Reactions: akb

BSRU

A Human Being
Then he's a knob, I know someone in Swindon who drives to London to work and spends nothing on petrol, he drives an electric car.

He should also add in the wear and tear costs, which will be substantial and the accelerated depreciation due to excessive mileage.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Having once had a long car commute, I can guarantee you I wouldn't

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That, or he just loves his BMW. Can't blame him, I have two now....and an Audi. Bet none of you expected THAT on a cycling forum lol

Very brave. You are really setting yourself up for a lot of abuse, made worse by the fact that BMW and Audi drivers seem to be the hated amoung cyclists!

screenman

Legendary Member
I take it he is getting about 20MPG. We only spend about £100 a week on fuel and I though that was bad, my car does 50mpg the wife's 35mpg .

mooseracer

Guru
Straight down the M4 it's not the world's worst commute, but that is a lot to be spending on fuel every week, A good few years ago I was commuting from outside Bristol to Oxford every day, it takes it out of you.

The joys of now working from home :smile:

Top Bottom