£300 a week on petrol!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L14M

Über Member
Im sure he's right foot heavy ;)

You can drive a big engined car fairly economically if you put your mind to driving smoothly and sensibly.
Someone I used to work for had a V8 Cherokee jeep. A lad who also worked for him did Cambridge to London on a tank of fuel, I used to manage it on a 1/4 of a tank. It turned out he liked the noise when he put his foot down.....:hyper:

During one of the campaigns to reduce fuel taxes and costs there was work done by one group that showed some drivers could reduce their fuel consumption by as much as 25% by improving their driving

vickster

Legendary Member
It was an Audi that knocked me off...now has a pedal shaped dent in the side and a broken wing mirror...brand new too...easier to fix than my technicolor leg though :sad:

[QUOTE 2942042, member: 9609"]Easily - I transformed my last vans economy by changing my driving style from complete twat (37mpg) to complete pratt (52+mpg)

Which raises an interesting point, if those speed freak cyclists who obsess about averaging 17+ mph, reduced their speed to av 10mph - they would clearly need less food, and as food production is a major producer of CO2, they would clearly stop adding so much to the climate change problem.[/quote]

An excellent point.

PS You are mad.

screenman

Legendary Member
All motoring taxes, ved, vat, fuel duty combined don't even come close to mitigating the external costs of motoring, the accidents, the damage to the road, the pollution, congestion and deaths.

I do not think we will meet at a motor show.^_^

Car hold no fascination for me, other than I make my living from them and have for over 42 years. Wish I had joined the Police service rather than the motor trade.

asterix

Comrade Member
[QUOTE 2942042, member: 9609"]Easily - I transformed my last vans economy by changing my driving style from complete twat (37mpg) to complete pratt (52+mpg)

Which raises an interesting point, if those speed freak cyclists who obsess about averaging 17+ mph, reduced their speed to av 10mph - they would clearly need less food, and as food production is a major producer of CO2, they would clearly stop adding so much to the climate change problem.[/quote]

Not a lot though, my last longish ride was 65 miles into the North York moors and back against a fair head wind. Fuel consumption a flapjack and 0.75 of a Tunnocks bar. It would have been a full Tunnocks bar but foolishly I tried to eat it on a fast-ish down hill and dropped a bit. It took a smidgin under 5 hours elapsed time.

Top Bottom