£300 a week on petrol!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

I know, but I'm a brave sort of chap. If people want to stereotype me then thats fine....but I don't think folk are like that on Cyclechat.

Some are!!!!
But i also drive a BMW with a large diesel engine - love it as much as cycling.
That will confuse some folks on CC

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Some are!!!!
But i also drive a BMW with a large diesel engine - love it as much as cycling.
That will confuse some folks on CC

Thats at least 3 of us I know on here with BMWs....its a revolution!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
You can drive a big engined car fairly economically if you put your mind to driving smoothly and sensibly.
Someone I used to work for had a V8 Cherokee jeep. A lad who also worked for him did Cambridge to London on a tank of fuel, I used to manage it on a 1/4 of a tank. It turned out he liked the noise when he put his foot down.....:hyper:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
You can drive a big engined car fairly economically if you put your mind to driving smoothly and sensibly.
You can, but then there's not much point in having the big engine in the first place, might as well save money and buy a 1-litre shopping car.

I drive smoothly, but I also use the acceleration capabilities of my car where safe to do so.

MarkF

Guru
Someone I used to work for had a V8 Cherokee jeep.

I have a 4L straight six Cherokee, pulling away from lights the read out shows 0 mpg. ^_^ Good luck to the Beemer guy, I have little interest in cars other than that I know I like b.i.g cars with b.i.g engines and b.i.g comfy seats.

You can, but then there's not much point in having the big engine in the first place, might as well save money and buy a 1-litre shopping car.

I don't like tiddly buzzbox's even if they do a million mpg.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
i probably should have said he drives a 3.0 petrol car,it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a BMW,i drive a 1.0 Seat for a relativly short commute,i would not drive my seat 160 miles a day,its just not up to it.

well, he's contributing to the thirty thousand people who die annually from respiratory illness, he's helping the uk face unlimited EU fines for air pollution and he's encouraging the development of asthma and lung disease among children who are unfortunate enough to live on his route. he is also a net drain on the economy, a parasite, if you like.

L14M

Über Member
well, he's contributing to the thirty thousand people who die annually from respiratory illness, he's helping the uk face unlimited EU fines for air pollution and he's encouraging the development of asthma and lung disease among children who are unfortunate enough to live on his route. he is also a net drain on the economy, a parasite, if you like.

Oh the humanity...

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I hate putting fuel into my massive white van :thumbsup:
I had a lovely little Hiace before Boris decided everyone in London had to buy a newer van . now I drive a gas guzzling monster turbo van . I cant complain as I got it for a fantastic price but it hurts to see those little fuel bars drop down to zero :cry:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Out of that £300, how much goes back into the economy via the tax paid on it? £250 or summat?
(Im sure the accountants amongst us can calculate the exact amout)

All motoring taxes, ved, vat, fuel duty combined don't even come close to mitigating the external costs of motoring, the accidents, the damage to the road, the pollution, congestion and deaths.

Top Bottom