£300 a week on petrol!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

[QUOTE 2942042, member: 9609"]
Which raises an interesting point, if those speed freak cyclists who obsess about averaging 17+ mph, reduced their speed to av 10mph - they would clearly need less food, and as food production is a major producer of CO2, they would clearly stop adding so much to the climate change problem.[/quote]

Or maybe they're thinner than average.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 2942042, member: 9609"]Easily - I transformed my last vans economy by changing my driving style from complete twat (37mpg) to complete pratt (52+mpg)

Which raises an interesting point, if those speed freak cyclists who obsess about averaging 17+ mph, reduced their speed to av 10mph - they would clearly need less food, and as food production is a major producer of CO2, they would clearly stop adding so much to the climate change problem.[/quote]

How dare you say I should eat less food. Ride faster, eat more.

MarkF

Guru
I think I'm getting off lightly with an average fuel spend of £30 per week.

That's about what I spend, 15mpg is sure fire way to make me not want to drive the Jeep. I am absolutely sure that if I had car that did 30mpg, I'd drive it twice as much and cycle less.

Kies

[QUOTE 2941824, member: 9609"]Or may be its a diesel and too much slow driving on the over congested southern roads has caused his DPF to block.[/quote]

Always a danger - but i find a long drive at 80mph on the motorways keeps it clear.

Brandane

Legendary Member
That's about what I spend, 15mpg is sure fire way to make me not want to drive the Jeep. I am absolutely sure that if I had car that did 30mpg, I'd drive it twice as much and cycle less.
This is the very reason why I once considered buying something totally impractical, but cheap to buy second hand. A big Jag, Merc or Lexus. Unfortunately, you still have to tax and insure them for the year, no matter how few miles you do.

FFJ

Why not? Actually only the ones that have second hand BMWs and think it makes them special, you know ‘fancy a ride’ :heat:and all that…

…and the ones that cut you up Saturday afternoons, stop acknowledging me, I didn’t let you in, you cut us up and nearly caused an accident!

I car share and his bran new BMW is fab, the econ makes me very very envious:thumbsup:

As for our commuter friend it can’t be easy [assuming all of that driving is work related]. In my experience [dark mornings/nights are the worst] on balance it is not a lot of fun, but sometimes needs must. If it can be afforded then I’d prefer nice to cheap.

£300pw sounds a lot though. Would’ve thought at that price train may have been better?

buggi

Bird Saviour
the worse thing about that is how many times you have to fill up. Hate getting petrol in the cold. Strangely don't mind riding my bike in the cold... But standing in a cold petrol station waiting for the tank to fill is my pet hate.

Reactions: FFJ

FFJ

the worse thing about that is how many times you have to fill up. Hate getting petrol in the cold. Strangely don't mind riding my bike in the cold... But standing in a cold petrol station waiting for the tank to fill is my pet hate.
yes! you got it

Top Bottom