£300 a week on petrol!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
No we don't...typical stereotyping at it's worst. Had a Vauxhall driver not use his indicators at a roundabout whilst on the phone yesterday, so 'ALL' Vauxhall drivers are now tossers?

I bought a BMW 316i Compact, mainly for BMW's reliability, plus the one I bought was a 1998 model with only 63k miles on the clock. 2 Mot's later and passed both times with nothing spent. Can't say that about the Vauxhall, Peugeot, Ford, or VW I had prior. A no brainer really....and it's cheaper on the insurance than the 1.4 Peugeot I had.
Funny that, but my wife has a 1.4 hdi Peugeot, has never failed an m.o.t in last 5 years and neither has my Citroen c3 1.4 diesel.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
My boss man had a BMW. Had a lift in it once or twice. What a rattley heap of overpriced metal that was.

Reactions: FFJ

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I have a feeling that the whole German car reliability thing is probably a fallacy these days. Try googling Audi/Skoda Superb oil pump drive failure and it's amazing that VAG are aware of this failure and offer an upgraded part which is expensive to fit but will not pay anything at all when the failure causes major expense such as turbo failure, engine etc.Apparently this just effected fairly early 2.0 TDI Audi's and Skoda Superb's as the oil pump drive was supposed to make the engine quieter and more refined in the luxury cars and thus rarely found it's way into Golf's, Leon's, Octavia's etc. which had a more noisy drive that did not fail. A guy at work had to spend a fortune on 2007 Audi A4 when this issue damaged his turbo. VAG did not want to know. I guess issues like this can afflict other manufacturers cars too, but I believe VAG has probably lost a lot of customers, still they don't care as they still have lots more.

screenman

Legendary Member
The part costs £4 and to fit about 2 hours Labour. When or if it fails then bang a big bill.

Now if you want to talk injector seal leaking causing blocked oil pickup on certain Jap engines then bang again.

subaqua

What’s the point
While you are all calling him a knob.. He has a car he enjoys driving. Doesn't mind paying for the fuel.. Let him enjoy it. Bet a lot of you wish you could do the same?

I could but I PREFER to use my bike.

For that sort of money he could travel first class on a train and not shag the environment as much

I don't like BMW or Audi drivers, they think they own the road.

sweeping.jpg

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
£300 a week! last month I put £20 in my car, just put another £20 this month and it wasn't even on the red.
If I think I can do my errend on my bike then I will, and if I have to take the kids with me, then they go on there bikes, come rain or shine
If it wasn't for the wife I'd sell the car as I just hate driving..... unless I'm being paid to do it..

FFJ

I don't like BMW or Audi drivers, they think they own the road.
for me it was not so much the car but the driver...feeling that having a second hand BMW somehow gave him some sort of superior status and attractiveness to the opposite sex = 'fancy a ride':heat:, 'knob' seems to be the accepted label on the thread, certainly very very true of this individual [all things considered]. So nothing against the car at all but feel some drivers' behaviour gives the car a bad name.
As said prev, I car share with a great bloke who drives BMW and he's a genuine good guy

Top Bottom