£500 budget... what to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
With these you'd have a cracking bike for £500 ;)

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/fs-road-wheels-fulcrum-5-2013.186131/

vickster

Legendary Member
Well it seems like the best value bike suggested so far :-)
Only if it's the right bike for you. Also bear in mind you cannot test ride, you get no after sales from a bike shop etc

Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's the best option

OP
OP
M

Matt1705

Über Member
Only if it's the right bike for you. Also bear in mind you cannot test ride, you get no after sales from a bike shop etc

Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's the best option
Thanks for the advice, think i'll probably go for the better known brands even though the ventura does have some good reveiws on the argos site. But also the lack of rack mounts would be a problem too because i sometimes carry alot on my commute (my last seat post mounted rack broke because i was being over ambitious with what i thought i could carry)

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the advice, think i'll probably go for the better known brands even though the ventura does have some good reveiws on the argos site. But also the lack of rack mounts would be a problem too because i sometimes carry alot on my commute (my last seat post mounted rack broke because i was being over ambitious with what i thought i could carry)
Lots of road bikes don't have rack mounts, but at least with alu or steel you can attach the rack with p clips. As I've done on two bikes :smile:

Seat post racks usually have a sub 10kg limit, including the bag

vickster

Legendary Member
This looks like it has rack mounts and a decent spec, half RRP

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/road-.../marin-argenta-a6-elite-road-bike-2015-p13748

Drago

Legendary Member
500ish quid buy a lot of bike these days, and the level of comfort and performance for half a grand is astonishing compared to as recently as 5 years ago.

Top Bottom