£500 budget, wireless etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
magnatom said:
Tynan,

Report it! These buses have cameras on board which will have probably picked you up!

If the guy has the attitude that you describe he needs to be off the road.

Definitely report it!

what am I reporting though magna, a bendy bus stopping on London Bridge at about 6.10pm (give or take 10 minutes) I know I should have stopped and taken details, annoyed with myself now

who do I call/write to, google ain't forthcoming

Tynan said:
bleeding hell, those contourHDs are £180!

What's wrong with them, that seems far too good to be true, self contained, water/shock proof, runs for 2 hours on a rechargeable and removeable battery

la de dah hemlet mount

Thank you for writing into support and for your interest in the new
ContourHD. Our apologies for the delayed response, however we were looking
into this information for you and can tell you that the camera will record
images as low as 4 lux, however the images are not the best, but this is the
minimum light sensitivity. The images improve dramatically between 8 and 12
lux, therefore we recommend recording in day light as your results will be
substantially better.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you!

VholdR Support
The dogcam HQ2 has a light sensitivity of 0.001 lux!

Tynan said:
what am I reporting though magna, a bendy bus stopping on London Bridge at about 6.10pm (give or take 10 minutes) I know I should have stopped and taken details, annoyed with myself now

Ah no details. Would make it hard I suppose in London.

It is difficult to get details in the heat of the moment, that is one area where the camera helps a lot. I tend to shout out the reg number, so that I have it recorded on the sound track, just in case the camera doesn't pick it up.

gadgetmind

Tynan said:
bleeding hell, those contourHDs are £180!

They better not be as I just ordered one for £270, and that was after discount!

Remember 1$=£1 when stuff comes over the Atlantic.

Ian

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
erm yes, suspect me and he will cross paths again

contourHD not available until early June, it seems people are charmingly charging £299 for something selling in the US for $299, the exchange rate is 1.6 now?

jeez

gadgetmind

Tynan said:
A bendy bus half passed me and the cyclist halfway over London bridge and then gradually pushed us to the curb, ending with us having to stop about a third of the way along the bus as there was no rom left

A bus did that to me when trying a mad overtake here.

http://tinyurl.com/q86r89

Naturally, the loon got half way past, a car came flying around the blind bend from the other direction, so I got squished into the wall and the nettles as the bus driver hauled hard left in panic. Did he stop? What do you think!

And yes, no camera as my GoPro Helmet Hero has busted battery contacts. That's what decided me to order a new camera.

Ian

gadgetmind

magnatom said:
the camera will record
images as low as 4 lux, however the images are not the best, but this is the
minimum light sensitivity.

4 lux is actually pretty good.

There are a few night videos on the vholdr site. This one is only illumninated by bike lights.

http://www.vholdr.com/node/3337

and this one.

http://www.vholdr.com/node/6150

Not too bad. I'll be under street lights so am expecting fairly good results. The GoPro was in the "might as well not bother" category when used in anything other than daylight.

Ian

gadgetmind

Tynan said:
contourHD not available until early June, it seems people are charmingly charging £299 for something selling in the US for $299, the exchange rate is 1.6 now?

The "transatlantic swell" annoys me too. But remember that the US price is without sales tax. So doing a direct $ to £ at 1.6 and then adding VAT gets £215. Then there is also a 4.9% (perhaps more) import duty as Europe sets high rates on Video Recorders(*). So, £300 is greedy, but I "only" paid £270 with the 10% off at Dog Cam, so spendy but not total ripoff.

Ian
(*) - See here - http://tinyurl.com/qdqbnh

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
agreed, £180 is clearly a straight conversion at 1.6$/£

i still reckon it'll be top rate for a while while it's on pre order, bless them

Please let me/this thread know when you have one although it looks golden from here

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I couldnt get those VHoldR vids to work. :biggrin: It keeps telling me I need to install Flash (I already have the latest version, too)

Top Bottom