£800-£1250 Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I have the Defy 1 2014 in Vickster's favourite colour. Very very good bike, even at the RRP. £699 is a steal!

Recently, I just bought myself a Bianchi. Saved a lot importing it, but still fairly expensive overall.

I absolutely live the Bianchi. There's just so etching indescribable about it. Just calls out to you on looking at it.

The Defy is no lesser a bike though...and I probably felt that way about it when I first got it too.

If the bike does little for you when it's new, then there's no point in getting it!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I have the Defy 1 2014 in Vickster's favourite colour. Very very good bike, even at the RRP. £699 is a steal!

Recently, I just bought myself a Bianchi. Saved a lot importing it, but still fairly expensive overall.

I absolutely live the Bianchi. There's just so etching indescribable about it. Just calls out to you on looking at it.

The Defy is no lesser a bike though...and I probably felt that way about it when I first got it too.

If the bike does little for you when it's new, then there's no point in getting it!
I like the Bianchi's too. Nice looking bikes!

OP
OP
Diz

Diz

Many thanks for all your advice. I was going to keep the Raleigh for winter training and very bad weather. As mentioned earlier, everybody in London seems to have a Specialized! I like the look of Bianchi too but they are a little bit too expensive for my liking. I don't want to go budget per say I just want something that will have the best specs possible for my rides. I am looking at websites on a regular basis and have seen some lovely stuff but I just wanted more rider based opinions than a sales pitch :smile:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Spec wise, you won't beat the cube for a 1k bike. I have done a lot of research as I'm a bit anal like that, and I still can't work out how they can sell the bike for that price with that spec. The 2015 models on its way, so you may get it cheaper still

bpsmith

Veteran
Many thanks for all your advice. I was going to keep the Raleigh for winter training and very bad weather. As mentioned earlier, everybody in London seems to have a Specialized! I like the look of Bianchi too but they are a little bit too expensive for my liking. I don't want to go budget per say I just want something that will have the best specs possible for my rides. I am looking at websites on a regular basis and have seen some lovely stuff but I just wanted more rider based opinions than a sales pitch :smile:

Who has made a sales pitch?

bpsmith

Veteran
Read it as folk on here giving a sales pitch. Didn't sound right, read again and can see what was meant now. :smile:

Cyclist33

Spec wise, you won't beat the cube for a 1k bike. I have done a lot of research as I'm a bit anal like that, and I still can't work out how they can sell the bike for that price with that spec. The 2015 models on its way, so you may get it cheaper still
Aesthetics wise you couldn't do worse though.

huwsparky

Über Member

Picking up a defy composite 2 on Thursday. Ended up paying getting the bike for £1035 which on paper at least is better value IMO. There was no scope for discount on the Cube in the store I went to but it did look a nice bike.

Very good deals about at the moment. I'm chuffed with a composite giant with 105 for that money. Can't wait to start putting milage on it!

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-Defy-Composite-2-2014-Road-Bike_66378.htm

Top Bottom