£800-£1250 Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Dolan L'Etape Carbon frame with SRAM Rival 22 and Mavic Aksiums for........£999!!

http://www.dolan-bikes.com/road/road-bikes/dolan-l-etape-carbon-road-bike-sram-rival-22.html

Beats the Defy 1, Peloton Race etc hands down...IMO of course..
That's a big claim .

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
1k carbon rarely matches 1k alu all round spec wise. Rarely much difference in weight you couldn't make yourself by riding plenty, just a more fragile frame to look after

OP
OP
Diz

Diz

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/impulso-veloce-compact-2014-road-bike-ec059355#features - Bianchi

Thanks again for all your help. I saw this and liked it however when it comes to specs I know literally nothing, that will improve I'm sure the longer I'm riding.

I do like the Giant in black so that could be an option. I have an evans near my office so might pop in and see what they have in person.

I may even wait a little longer for prices to come down a bit more on 2014's although would be nice to get out on a new bike this side of winter.

OP
OP
Diz

Diz

Has anyone got any thoughts on a trek madone 2.1.
Saw it earlier and booked a test ride, I loved the blue and white colours. £900

bpsmith

Veteran
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/impulso-veloce-compact-2014-road-bike-ec059355#features - Bianchi

Thanks again for all your help. I saw this and liked it however when it comes to specs I know literally nothing, that will improve I'm sure the longer I'm riding.

I do like the Giant in black so that could be an option. I have an evans near my office so might pop in and see what they have in person.

I may even wait a little longer for prices to come down a bit more on 2014's although would be nice to get out on a new bike this side of winter.

I wouldn't imagine that the Defy will drop any further than £699 tbh. It's only that price due to it being so difficult to get one the year before and they must have made more this year. It's still very popular and £699 is a steal!

If it's other bikes that you are waiting for, then that's another story.

frosti

Scott speedster. Great entry level road bike. In my humble... Kept mine when I upgraded to my current mistress.

huwsparky

Über Member
To anyone waiting on getting a better price on anything Giant I'd take what's on offer at the moment as it's been a challenge finding the bikes in stock anywhere.

The guy I spoke to in the shop yesterday was saying that the Giant bikes have been very popular since being on sale and generally they are not many left. He did say he had a few Defy 1's though but not much of anything else.

OP
OP
Diz

Diz

if you are not fussed re spec, just buy the one that makes your heart flutter @Diz , as its up to you. just make sure bar tape & saddle match :ph34r:

Thing is I don't know about spec. I will be aiming to ride much more over the coming year so looking at the best I can buy at certain prices. I did Like the look of the Trek but if the Giant offers more for my money or any other for that matter I'd rather that :smile:

I'm hoping by the time I upgrade again I will know much more.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I was in same place last year, bought a boardman from Halfords as I didnt know about spec.year later bought the Cube aftr learning what was what. at end of the day, its you who has to ride it, so hope you find something that thrills you in both ways

Reactions: Diz
Top Bottom