£87 at Aldi...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

[Philip]

Ok, some of that was 3 ltrs of gin (to go with sloes, not for breakfast).

Got some winter trousers, overshoes, water bottle, hi viz long sleeve shirt and a base layer top that makes me look like some kind of fat old superhero caricature.

When I got to the checkout, the woman who eyed me suspiciously when she beeped through the gin went through the whole lot again saying "87 pounds is too much this is not right" (in thick polish accent) but it was indeed 87 quid. I think she thought I was rich mysterious gin drinking stranger.

The Aldi in Penge still has loads of the Cycling stuff.

Sandra6

Veteran
I think it takes them surprise in Aldi if the total comes to more than £40.
I saw someone pay £200 plus once and I had to have a really good look in his trolley to see what he could possibly have bought for that much - turned out it was a telly!
I was going for a look on Thursday but forgot my bike lock, I may pop in today but I seriously loathe Aldi.

Gromit

Über Member
We spent £71 a few weeks ago in Aldi when we did our big shop. The food has got much better in there compared to what it was like 13 years ago.

OP
OP
[Philip]

[Philip]

Will give Aldi a try for gin then. Squillions of sloes near us, just waiting for a frost and then we will go a gathering.

It's ok, but Sainsbury's own brand is actually cheaper and it's fine for sloe gin. I've got 4ltrs of the stuff brewing.. :biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Aldi is very poular here in Meanwood people are waitng outside for opening.It has took a long time to lose that lower type tag.I think it's brill.I was asked my opinion about cycle clothing yesterday by a young lady.I told her to get as much as she could afford.I got a jacket two years ago £9-99 it's brill really windproof and folds down so small.Great place is Aldi.Also Lidl sold some fantastic 3/4 legging last year a bargain.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
My bill was £158 on Thursday. Just cycling clothing stuff and a few pairs of work socks and a work gillet!

Took some stuff back today as it didn't fit, think it was about £40 worth..

postman

Legendary Member
My bill was £158 on Thursday. Just cycling clothing stuff and a few pairs of work socks and a work gillet!

Took some stuff back today as it didn't fit, think it was about £40 worth..
Did you get some of the winter tights.I looked but being very tall,i was worried if the back did not come up high enough are they ok.

Voyley

Went into Aldi today and there were still some bits left mainly womens gear in terms of the clothes but the Aldi I was in could be termed one of the smaller shops, still had waterproof jackets, overshoes and got me a lock, still well worth a look to be honest guys!

Top Bottom