“Slag heap” or a great tourist attraction?

What’s your opinion on it?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It’s been described in less than flattering terms but is it too early to judge. What do you think?

The new Marbel Arch “attraction”

Now closed after being open for two days.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
What are we talking about here?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You are missing the 'WTF is that carbuncle' option. Detracts from the Arch nearby.

You'd be pleased to know then that the original plans wanted to COVER it....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Arch_Mound

How crap do you have be as a designer, if you end up having 'teething problems' with a hill? :laugh:

"Days after opening, and following several complaints from disappointed visitors, Westminster City Council acknowledged that advertised elements of the Mound were "not yet ready for visitors", and closed ticket booking until August so that "teething problems" could be resolved.[4] Visitors complained that the hill did not match the marketing photos,[6] with one visitor describing it as "the worst thing I’ve ever done in London".[7]"

Last edited:
You are missing the 'WTF is that carbuncle' option. Detracts from the Arch nearby.
I think that's the deal-breaker for me :sad: Why ruin one of the nicer London features, with something ... not all that great.

They could perhaps have hidden a load of traffic on the roundabout under the carbuncle, that would have improved the area a little.

Hey ho ... typical London nonsense ...

Top Bottom