06-30 till 23-00

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
06-30 TILL 23-00i s a long time in Jimmies A&E i went to bed Friday night with all my cycling kit laid out for a nice ride to Skipton planned.
Oh but it did not go like that,at 05-30 i awoke with a start ,burning sensation in throat gasping for breath.Pain and burning band across my chest,wheezing i made my way to the toilet tried to be sick,gasping for deep breaths i start coughing up yellow gree bile.Oh oh is this the after effects of the gallbladder op in January.Downstairs to phone for advice.Pain in chest gone horrible metallic taste in mouth and throat ,burnt back of throat i am now whispering like a muppet.
Great help on phone how old are you 62 i replied any heart problems,well yes i am due in Leeds Gen Inf two weeks time.Sit tight Ambulance is on it's way,two came a first responder then the proper thing.No messing, by now i am just wheezing but a bit shook up.Down to Jimmies, within no time i am on CDU unit and there i stay till 23-00 when i am released with a box of antibiotics for Cellulitis.
.I volunteered on Thursday night along with many other people to clear an overgrown garden.Something bit me on the arm,by Friday the arm was swollen and hot ,shiny and aching,but i ignored it,much to my error early Saturday morning.So you gardeners out there take care the smallest bite can hurt.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The things folk do to get out of a ride :ohmy:
Hope everything heals up right !!

now.....I'm no doctor, but a quick google of 'cellulitis' doesn't suggest any of those symptoms. Are you happy with that diagnosis..?

Cheshire Celt

Legend
I had cellulitis last year in my knee from feeling a burning in my knee two hrs later I was in an ambulance thinking I was going to loose my leg it spread so quickly I was in hospital for 7 days and the infection was so bad I had to be given antibiotics intravenously , it spread right down my leg and got as far as my ankle before the drugs started to work . Took me a good few months to totally get over it . Never did find out what caused it

ive had it - recurring over the last few years - im told the bugs that live quite happily on the outside of your skin causes it - get in through areas of thin skin or cuts - manifests itself in people in different ways - mine is like having a combination of food poisoning and very bad flu for the first three days plus then the inflammation of the affected bit - in my case lower leg - painful enough to make walking difficult

symptoms expressed by the OP not inconsistent - I suggest the nobber googler tries another page

symptoms expressed by the OP not inconsistent - I suggest the nobber googler tries another page

Thankyou Doogie Howser. I did say it was a 'quick' google - but having now spent upwards of two whole minutes googling it again, I'm sorry to say I still can't find a page which replicates those symptoms to a degree where I could say "yep, that sounds like it". Perhaps you could find one for me..?

Either way, if the OP is happy with the diagnosis, given the symptoms and apparent medical history, then it's fine...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I had cellulitis last October. The symptoms were very much like psmiffy's. Thought I'd got flu or a major digestion problem which then developed into a hot and painful ankle. Saw my GP who diagnosed cellulitis and prescribed industrial strength antibiotics and requested to see me four days later.

Four days later I was in hospital on a drip and spent six days there and had a total of four weeks off work. I'd never experienced pain like it. The slightest movement that altered my blood pressure would trigger shooting pains akin to having a thousand fish hooks attached to my lower leg and all of the lines being pulled simultaneously.

A possible cause was one of my insect bites that I'd scratched continously since getting them on my summer tour in August getting infected with Staph bacteria.

I wouldn't like a second dose I can tell you!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Thankyou Doogie Howser. I did say it was a 'quick' google - but having now spent upwards of two whole minutes googling it again, I'm sorry to say I still can't find a page which replicates those symptoms to a degree where I could say "yep, that sounds like it". Perhaps you could find one for me..?

Either way, if the OP is happy with the diagnosis, given the symptoms and apparent medical history, then it's fine...

Your attempted google diagnosis or a doctor's diagnosis? Mmmm let me see....which one would I go for?

Your attempted google diagnosis or a doctor's diagnosis? Mmmm let me see....which one would I go for?

Tell me Dr Kildare, where did I make any attempt at a diagnosis? I simply asked if the OP was happy with the one he had been given.

Top Bottom