08/05/16 - The story of my first Etape!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
Well Done Mate 4k climbing with no training is an achievement to be proud of, as for walking a bit, dont knock it, there are better cyclist than you who have done the same

Firestorm

Veteran
Well done, that's pretty impressive

OP
OP
darrentaytay

darrentaytay

Über Member
Thanks very much guys, appreciate the kind words and glad you enjoyed the write up.

Me too. If that's all your rides on Strava prior to the Etape, then you did pretty well. Imagine if you'd done some training......

:blush: Yeh, that's all my rides on Strava. I'm already looking forward to next year so I can see what I can do with some proper training!

Stevec047

Über Member
Well done massive step from a mid 20's ride to this but you did it.

I went from mid 30's to a 50 and that was difficult but like they say it's all in your head if you can overcome the demons telling you to stop you can do almost anything.

So whens your next one then?

Col5632

Guru
Cheers guys! Next one I've got my eye on is the Loch Ness Etape;

http://www.etapelochness.com/

66 miles, looks pretty good! :smile:

I've done the Edinburgh to St Andrews one before and it's a good one, usually happens every June :smile:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I wanted to share my first Etape experience with you guys, not sure if it's the right place so feel free to move it!...
Thanks for writing that up - what an excellent read :smile: Well done for getting round, too.

Top Bottom