1.0 litre 3 pot turbo engines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
They have been around for a few years now with most manufacturers having them in their range. Sometimes in quite big cars.

What they like then, do they have the 3 cylinder out of balance vibration and noise and what about longevity, torque, grunt etc.

Not sure about cars , but the old Triumph 750 Trident engine was really smooth . Come to think of it most of the modern Triumph engines are triples .

OP
OP
Salar

Salar

A fish out of water
The reason I'm asking is my new car deal fell through, dealer messed it up big time.
So I'm on the lookout again and being a bit of a dinosaur I'm used to bigger engines.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
My sister has a 3-pot Fiesta. Seems to like it. The turbo gives it enough grunt, but as with any turbo, needs a bit of right foot to get it going.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are quite a bit different with how they use the turbo. My son has a 1.2 4 pot Fabia, and it's got loads of torque from low down in the revs, makes motorway driving quite relaxing despite the engine size, you just press the go pedal to overtake, no thinking, changing gear etc etc like you used to with older engines.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Our 10 year old Polo has a 1.2l 3-cylinder engine and it's fun to drive- our son quickly discovered the limiter speed in each gear which made Mrs A_T 'a bit cross' - didn't like to confess I'd known the day after we got it.

D

Deleted member 26715

What kind of driving do you expect to be doing?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't know what's wrong with my 3cyl Toyota Vitz ( Japanese Yaris) then it shudders like Keith Starmer at the mention of the Jezza's reinstatement. Got two of them.

Top Bottom