1 inch steerer question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teletext45

Hey all, I'm just building up a new bike and I've to a bit of a brick wall. I've picked up an oldish giant frame which has a 1 inch fork fitted. I wanted to convert it so I could use an exisiting straight ahead stem so purchased a quill adaptor like this:

qsge-adaptor.jpg

The problem I have is that it's too long to fit inside the fork and even chopped down the taper stops it from being a neat flush fit. I've been trying to find some 1 inch threadless forks but they don't seem to be around too much these days and I'm not too keen on spending £100 for some carbon forks as the bike just doesn't need them. Has anyone got any suggestions of an alternative way of doing it?

Thanks

Andy

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a pair of 1" threadless carbon forks with an alloy steerer for sale in the classifieds at the moment. Was thinking of putting them on Ebay tbh as no one on here seems interested.

Link

OP
OP
teletext45

teletext45

I have a pair of 1" threadless carbon forks with an alloy steerer for sale in the classifieds at the moment. Was thinking of putting them on Ebay tbh as no one on here seems interested.

Link

They might do the job to be honest! Could you hold them till next Thursday when I get paid?

Andy

Top Bottom