100 km (62 mile) forum ride from Garforth, Sat 29th April, 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm sorry for those of you who won't be able to make it, but it seems like there is a big vote in favour of the 29th, so the 29th it is (subject to me feeling up to it). I am getting better from my illness so that should be ok for me, but... watch this space for updates!

Rider list for 29th April:

Buck

Guru
I plan to be there 👍🏻

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Just checking timings for Saturday, @ColinJ

Meet at Garforth station around 9:15am and looking to be back around 3:30pm? Is that right?
Let's say meet at 09:10 with a view to setting off at 09:15. My train is due in at 09:06.

I have a choice of trains back at 15:28, 15:43, 16:12, 16:29... so I am not fussed exactly when we get back but it was around 15:30 last time.

I'm sure that I had to wait ages for a train back to Leeds that time. Maybe they have got more trains running on that route now?

My pals Carrie and Kevin can't make it this time.

I have attached a GPX file of the route via Tadcaster. There is a little blip on it at 51.8 km (just coming out of Tadcaster) to mark where the cafe is that we went to last time. If that is packed out we can carry on to Cawood instead.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Garforth Tadcaster 101 km loop.gpx
    30.7 KB · Views: 3

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm sorry for those of you who won't be able to make it, but it seems like there is a big vote in favour of the 29th, so the 29th it is (subject to me feeling up to it). I am getting better from my illness so that should be ok for me, but... watch this space for updates!

Rider list for 29th April:

Sorry I'm going t have to bow out.

Don't think I can get the time off from horse riding duties.

Sorry again.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Sorry I'm going t have to bow out.

Don't think I can get the time off from horse riding duties.

Sorry again.
We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when! (If you happen to be back in Devon on 20th May, I plan to do a 100 km forum ride from Crediton to Ottery St Mary and back via Exmouth and Exeter?)

It looks like 4-6 riders then, unless we get latecomers signing up below, who would be very... :welcome:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

At the risk of jinxing us... The weather forecast for Saturday (at Wetherby) is currently looking okay!

Dadam

I'm afraid I'm looking doubtful for this. I managed to get a back spasm last Saturday and the muscles are still sore. Although it feels ok for my 20 min commute I'm not sure how it'll hold up with a day in the saddle. Ironically and aggravatingly I did it while changing tyres for this ride! :angry:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm afraid I'm looking doubtful for this. I managed to get a back spasm last Saturday and the muscles are still sore. Although it feels ok for my 20 min commute I'm not sure how it'll hold up with a day in the saddle. Ironically and aggravatingly I did it while changing tyres for this ride! :angry:
Oh, that's a pity. Backs can be really iffy, but I normally put mine out with something more strenuous than tyre changing! It must have been one of those really awkward tyre-rim combinations...

If there is any chance that your back will be ok, come along anyway. It is a very easy route and we would not be doing too much riding above e-assist speeds.

Oops... I forgot to put the route on my Garmin! I can remember a lot of it, but not every turn. I will rectify that when back at my laptop.

The forecast is for a cool start, becoming milder later. Not too breezy. Largely dry, but maybe a few light showers after our lunch stop.

I assume that most of you have smartphones these days? I will post below in the morning once I am on the train to Leeds, or if there is a problem. That should be around 07:50, so perhaps check before you set off?

Buck

Guru
I’ve loaded the route to the Garmin @ColinJ as like you I can remember most of it but certainly not foolproof!

Forecast looks reasonable - I don’t mind a bit of damp compared to a raging headwind!

I’ll check for updates before setting off and when I arrive :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Ok, that's my rail e-tickets bought and loaded onto my phone, and Garmin charging.

If anybody who said that they were coming has a last minute problem, please post below and we will wait for you.

If anybody who said that they were coming has to drop out at the last minute, please post below so we know that we should NOT wait for you! :okay:

See y'all in the morning.

Top Bottom