100 mile fixed gear ride - Spring 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
There seems to be a few Charge Spoon saddles in that shot. I think two in the front row and maybe two at the back? If I'm right then they are indeed a popular saddle with long distance riders and incredibly cheap at under £20.

Yep think you are right, the spoon is my saddle of choice (front left). I noted that Colly's bike (middle front row) had a Brooks :stop: and apart from jazzkats bike (back right) the rest look like spoons

colly

Re member eR
I noted that Colly's bike (middle front row) had a Brooks
I looks a little like a Brooks but it isn't. I'm not sure who the maker is but it's Italian and has a small insert saying 'Regal' on the back.

I do have Brooks but although it's comfortable it's heavier than the rest of the bike put together.^_^ So I stopped using it.

D

Deleted member 1258

Well of course not, we collected them for you!
Shoulder is fine this morning and legs are fine, in fact it doesn't even feel as if we did a ride yesterday, I'm sure that will change as the day goes on.
Currently driving up to Lancashire to get dr pink's new tt bike so 3 hours of misery:sad:

Front of my thighs are aching slightly have been all day, both this morning and tonight my a*** complained when I plonked it on the saddle, but stopped complaining after about 200 yards, strangely my eyes have been a little gritty most of the day, I've been a little tired and have had the munchies most of the day.

D

Deleted member 1258

There seems to be a few Charge Spoon saddles in that shot. I think two in the front row and maybe two at the back? If I'm right then they are indeed a popular saddle with long distance riders and incredibly cheap at under £20.

I'm riding on a charge spoon, very comfortable but some people can't get on with them for some reason.

dr_pink

I tried to post my photos but couldn't get it to work so TF's about to post them for me! - one of @dave r's small coffee & a couple from the top of THAT hill...

Thanks all for a lovely day. Great company & great ride.
PS sorry for being such an un ladylike snotty mess (no change there then...)

PPS I ride a charge saddle on that bike cos it's got pink on it...

Just back from The Fell bike shop in Whalley, Lancashire, very tired now but at least dr_pink is grinning like the proverbial cat in the county she comes from.
Here are some of her photos the first is one of Dave with his small coffee which I personally think is a cracking photo. The next 2 [for a small fee the others will not be published], are of the stupidly steep hill which dr_pink helpfully went up first to record the pain. Where is @colly going?
I should make it clear that Dave is in fact normal size [well, nearly]
FFEF19C3-8919-45BA-9615-25D55EB5EE9F_zps9vvoqtx4.jpg

F355EEB8-4DD9-454D-9ED4-9DAAE7E753DE_zpshl43ztqr.jpg

6E2512EB-CBFB-4069-AC7B-D51CB841CBEC_zpsudagkknv.jpg

I think we will claim a first for Cycle Chat. To qualify for this ride in the future you will have to be as mad as a box of frogs.

colly

Re member eR
@totallyfixed. Helen noted that her frame and mine were similar. Mine has LA 9195 stamped on and it's an LA Cycles frame made in January 1995 and sold through JC Cycles in Coventry. Made up by this man:http://customcycleframes.blogspot.com/

http://www.leecoopercycles.webs.com/

D

Deleted member 1258

@totallyfixed. Helen noted that her frame and mine were similar. Mine has LA 9195 stamped on and it's an LA Cycles frame made in January 1995 and sold through JC Cycles in Coventry. Made up by this man:

JC Cycles was at 220 Earlsdon Avenue Earlsdon Coventry, the shop is not there any more, closed sometime ago when John retired, unfortunately I lost track of John when he retired, He was riding with the Rugby Wednesday Riders the last I heard, I lived in Broomfield Road at the time just round the corner from the shop.

http://coventry.cylex-uk.co.uk/map/earlsdon avenue north.html

Edit I remember his full name was John Cresswell

Last edited by a moderator:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Any chance of the next one being somewhere flat? I can't ride fixed downhill, it hurts like buggery. Goole springs to mind or maybe Donny or York, which have better train connections.

@totallyfixed. Helen noted that her frame and mine were similar. Mine has LA 9195 stamped on and it's an LA Cycles frame made in January 1995 and sold through JC Cycles in Coventry. Made up by this man:

Apologies @colly , been a hectic week, Helen is trying to get rid of her cold after driving to Whalley to pick up her new TT bike on Monday which we tested last night as she was away on a conference Tue / Wed. I have been fitting three 11 x 23 cassettes to different wheels so in the event of a puncture [tubs] on the North Norfolk 100 the gears will be easily tuned after I have made my notes!
I know you will all wish her luck tomorrow, going to be hot and she hasn't done any training for over a week now, 17 other women to beat, this is going to be tough as it is the slowest 100 course there is.
Will take a look at the pink fixed on Sunday.

colly

Re member eR
Any chance of the next one being somewhere flat? I can't ride fixed downhill, it hurts like buggery. Goole springs to mind or maybe Donny or York, which have better train connections.

I could, that's COULD organise a flattish fixed 100 out of east Leeds. Maybe from Garforth Station if train connections are needed.
If there is interest I'll see about a route.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I could, that's COULD organise a flattish fixed 100 out of east Leeds. Maybe from Garforth Station if train connections are needed.
If there is interest I'll see about a route.
I was planning to organise a joint fixed and unfixed century forum ride from Garforth. It would seem a bit pointless to do that if you aim to do a fixed-only ride from there at about the same time. Mind you, I suppose I could organise a freehub-only ride over the same route ... :whistle:

Never done a flat 100, even @ColinJ 's flat 100 we did on fixed 2 years ago definitely wasn't flat. Not sure I could cope with the boredom of never getting out of the saddle, I'm sorry for you @jongooligan but riding fixed is an all round experience, same as riding any bike but with a twist, can you elaborate on your problem? How long have you been riding fixed?

Top Bottom