100 mile fixed gear ride - Spring 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

PS, sure you can find us this time Dave or are you going sightseeing down the M1? [private joke].

I should be OK provided I don't hit roadworks, perhaps I'll put a car sat nav in my letter to Santa this year? ^_^

I should be OK provided I don't hit roadworks, perhaps I'll put a car sat nav in my letter to Santa this year? ^_^
Hope that wasn't a hint!
For the record, this ride will not [at least on my part] involve SatNav or maps, it is all in my head so no gp whatsit files or whatever they are called. Every forum ride I have been on that has involved following a SatNav has got us lost, so for my emergency backup I will be using Cardmin, blows Garmin out of the water.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Every forum ride I have been on that has involved following a SatNav has got us lost, so for my emergency backup I will be using Cardmin, blows Garmin out of the water.
*Ahem!* :whistle:

I admit that I have taken a wrong turn once or twice when using my Garmin but I always spot it within about 30 seconds.*** I think I have done over 20,000 km using my Garmin now and the only times I got lost were when I switched it off and improvised a different route.

*** Yes, other riders spotted my one navigational mistake on the recent Glasson Dock ride before I did, but I would have spotted it a few seconds later if they hadn't! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

My Pearson has had a clean and a fettle, my car has had its fluids checked, tyre pressures done and fuel put in, I've just got to load the car and I'm ready to roll.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm in sunny Melton! The bike is all clean and good to go, I'm just hoping I haven't left something at home that I need! See you all bright and early on Sunday :smile:

Saturday morn in Coventry and the sunshine is of the liquid variety, its p****** down:sad:

I'm in sunny Melton! The bike is all clean and good to go, I'm just hoping I haven't left something at home that I need! See you all bright and early on Sunday :smile:
I have heard it called a lot of things but never that! Not to worry if you have forgotten anything, our garage is more like a bike shop.
Saturday morn in Coventry and the sunshine is of the liquid variety, its p****** down:sad:
Not great here either but not raining at the moment, the wind however.....

D

Deleted member 1258

I have heard it called a lot of things but never that! Not to worry if you have forgotten anything, our garage is more like a bike shop.

Not great here either but not raining at the moment, the wind however.....

Cleared up after an hour, been dry since but very windy.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

All set for tomorrow apart from knowing what yo wear. I'll stick a selection in the car and see how the day starts. Shorts or longs?

I'm going for longs plus waterproof overshoes.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Bike all fettled and ready to go. I am going to chuck a variety of clothing in the car and decide in the morning. Looking like shorts and overshoes at the moment....

D

Deleted member 1258

I think it's going to be my old thin longs, saves energy over a long day, not that this is going to be a long day eh chaps :rolleyes:. I'm betting this is going to be a tad slower after the cafe stop.

I used to like the way the club rides used to start speeding up about 5 miles from the cafe stop :rolleyes: , I'm expecting a long day, tomorrows dinner is already in the oven, as I'm out all day the eldest is taking his mum out for the day, so the chicken is in the oven now and will be served up cold tomorrow night.

Top Bottom