100 mile fixed gear ride - Spring 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

As I have not heard anything to the contrary, I have to assume now that it is just going to be the 6 of us. I'm watching the forecast as I type this and all I can say is that I'm glad the ride isn't on Saturday, although that could change. It certainly looks unsettled and looking at the jet stream my best guess would be for west / south westerly winds with showers, but not particularly cold. Update each night.

Do we know what time we're starting?

colly

Re member eR
Just watched the weather on tv too. Doesn't look too brilliant:sad:

On the other hand.......................it will still be OK.:biggrin::biggrin: Probably

Do we know what time we're starting?
I would suggest 0830, certainly I would prefer to be on the road before 0900, however for those with the furthest to travel I would like to hear what you think.
Just watched the weather on tv too. Doesn't look too brilliant:sad:

On the other hand.......................it will still be OK.:biggrin::biggrin: Probably
If the weather looks too bad for the 100, still happy to run some kind of ride. @jazzkat is travelling down on Friday evening so I would presume would have to base his decision on the forecast early Friday unless he is intending to visit his relatives anyway?
For anyone who does make the journey, we will plan something whatever the weather.

D

Deleted member 1258

I would suggest 0830, certainly I would prefer to be on the road before 0900, however for those with the furthest to travel I would like to hear what you think.

If the weather looks too bad for the 100, still happy to run some kind of ride. @jazzkat is travelling down on Friday evening so I would presume would have to base his decision on the forecast early Friday unless he is intending to visit his relatives anyway?
For anyone who does make the journey, we will plan something whatever the weather.

8:30 is OK by me, out the house about 7, keeping my fingers crossed with weather

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
8:30 is fine with me Looks as though it will be a bit blowy but I am game on for whatever we decide to do.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.

8:30 is fine by me. I'm still coming down to see my relatives so I'll still be down there.
I'm not bothered about the weather, it's only water (oh and a bit of wind).
:biggrin:

8:30 is fine by me. I'm still coming down to see my relatives so I'll still be down there.
I'm not bothered about the weather, it's only water (oh and a bit of wind).
:biggrin:
If I had to choose, the one direction I would not want the wind to be coming from is NW [Cumbria] because there will be 30 miles of block headwind at the tail end of the ride. Guess what the forecast is predicting :whistle:.
Not a problem on gears but climbing back into Rutland with 90 miles in the legs on fixed is a different story.

D

Deleted member 1258

If I had to choose, the one direction I would not want the wind to be coming from is NW [Cumbria] because there will be 30 miles of block headwind at the tail end of the ride. Guess what the forecast is predicting :whistle:.
Not a problem on gears but climbing back into Rutland with 90 miles in the legs on fixed is a different story.

It sounds like we could be sorting the men from the boy's Sunday ^_^

It sounds like we could be sorting the men from the boy's Sunday ^_^
You may have to explain yourself to a certain other person who is riding with us :smile:.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Have we decided on a meeting point Steve ? Railway station as usual ?

colly

Re member eR
Just sitting quietly in the corner.
I reckon a bit over 2 hours for me to get there, straight down the A1.
I was getting my back sorted out earlier this week after getting it all banjaxed on Monday. I seem OK now so............. I'll be there.

Just sitting quietly in the corner.
I reckon a bit over 2 hours for me to get there, straight down the A1.
I was getting my back sorted out earlier this week after getting it all banjaxed on Monday. I seem OK now so............. I'll be there.
Takes us 1 hour 45 mins to get to Shipley. From where you leave the A1 on the B668 it is 12 mins to Oakham, when you reach the roundabout on the Oakham bypass go straight on, in 600m [past the school on the right] there are what appears to be 3 right turns close together, take the 3rd one, that is Station road. Just before the station on the right is the road to park on. The thing you will notice when you enter Rutland of the A1 is how quiet the roads suddenly become :smile:.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Still debating as to whether this is a shorts or longs day. Kites are optional.

Top Bottom