1001 Carpet Cleaner Conspiracy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Rug Doctors online hire facility was down yesterday so I went to Tesco to hire a carpet cleaner informed by the site that I only needed cash and ID, the staff were useless, I ended up ringing Rug Doctor direct on Tesco's phone to ask how to hire it and pay for it. I entered Tesco at 10.20am, at 11.02am I finished the transaction and was advised that I could have the cleaner at 12, they are hired on the hour.............

I noted the Rug Doctor cleaner solutions were wildly expensive so went to get some 1001 carpet cleaner, I've bought it there before. Nope, no 1001 carpet cleaner, in fact no carpet cleaners at all. Thought I'd call at Morrison's on my way home, I did, no 1001 carpet cleaner, but they do now hire carpet cleaners along with "recommended" = wildly expensive cleaning solutions.....

Same story at Sainsbury's too, so refusing to be shafted and happliy prepared write off a whole day rather than give in I went to Poundland and Poundstretcher too, no 1001 carpet cleaner. The young girl in Poundland did make me laugh though, she "didn't know where 1001 might be, she didn't work in that dept", the store was only 3 aisles big!

Where's it all gone?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
1001. Is that the one that "cleans a big, big carpet for less than half-a-crown."?

As a one off thing the Rug Doctor is brilliant. We hired one when we were setting up the new house and got the smallest bottle of cleaning fluid which lasted for the whole job.
The instructions don't tell you to empty the bottom reservoir as well as the white one on the top, so we got a cash penalty from the next customer. They were pissed off at getting a reservoir full of unused new cleaning solution for free. So my Fiancee rang them up and had a go at them and got the money back.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
The instructions don't tell you to empty the bottom reservoir as well as the white one on the top, so we got a cash penalty from the next customer.

Oh. No instructions came with it, only a few pictorial ones on the machine. :sad:

zoiks - could be time to employ the use of that there internet then :whistle:

No, I rang my mum for advice and she said "Stardrops" cleans anything, it was 89p per 500ml and it did the job.

Tbh I am bored too, but until my daughter gets back from school I am at A loose end today..............^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
At least he's got something to do...the rest of us (you included) are helplessly viewing threads on CC, waiting for rug updates, amongst others...

True and everybody has learned something, 1001 has disappeared from where it used to be, don't go for a rug doctor cleaner without pre-ordering and paying, also bear in mind the o'clock hire start time and best of all .89p worth of "non- recommended" Stardrops cleans carpets.

After Xmas I am going to varnish the parquet hall floor. :thumbsup:

classic33

Leg End Member
True and everybody has learned something, 1001 has disappeared from where it used to be, don't go for a rug doctor cleaner without pre-ordering and paying, also bear in mind the o'clock hire start time and best of all .89p worth of "non- recommended" Stardrops cleans carpets.

After Xmas I am going to varnish the parquet hall floor. :thumbsup:
Ronseal?

Top Bottom