106 km forum ride from Leighton Buzzard to Chilterns and Aylesbury Vale, 5th Aug 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Questions about parking, the route or any other local issues will have to be answered by @shirokazan because I am new to the area. My sister only moved there a few weeks ago so I have only spent 3 days there so far and haven't cycled around there at all!

It would have been nice to do a ride here and visit my brother who lives in Leighton Buzzard, unfortunately I'll be in South Wales with my fiance visiting her relatives that weekend!
Another time perhaps.........

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It would have been nice to do a ride here and visit my brother who lives in Leighton Buzzard, unfortunately I'll be in South Wales with my fiance visiting her relatives that weekend!
Another time perhaps.........
Pencil in Sun, 24th September this year! (It is my sister's 60th birthday party the day before so I will definitely be down again that weekend.)

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Oh what a shame @ColinJ . That's my neck of the woods and I'd love to join you were it not for the fact I'm otherwise engaged on the 5th.
You'll love the proposed route, trust me, and enjoy.

PS There's another windmill in Cholesbury on route.
PPS 24th September pencilled in.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well, let's stick to 09:00 then! :okay:

Sorry guys i am out already after asking she who must be obeyed last night re any plans and getting told no , just been told we are grandchild sitting that day so sorry

There's room for a car on my drive. And the road outside my house has yellow lines but they're not in force on a Saturday. I live about 1 minute by bike from the railway station.

car parking space not required now see above

toffee

Guru
That's a shame! See if you can make the 24th September ride instead?
Is the 24th September ride the same route? I think I am now free on the 24th as it is now the 17th I have been booked as a student taxi. That may change of course

steverob

Guru
Interesting route. I live right in the middle of it all (Aylesbury) so am very familiar with the whole area and have probably tackled 90% of the hills you're doing, although I'd normally do a route like that anti-clockwise, so if you're after any advice on which climbs are harder/easier, I'll have to recall them from when I've gone downhill on them!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Is the 24th September ride the same route? I think I am now free on the 24th as it is now the 17th I have been booked as a student taxi. That may change of course
We might ride north of the Chilterns next time but that remains to be decided.

Interesting route. I live right in the middle of it all (Aylesbury) so am very familiar with the whole area and have probably tackled 90% of the hills you're doing, although I'd normally do a route like that anti-clockwise, so if you're after any advice on which climbs are harder/easier, I'll have to recall them from when I've gone downhill on them!
Thanks for the offer. I'm not really worried about any of the hills because they should all be easier than the ones that I am used to here 'oop north'! I have a super-low 28/30 grovelling gear which can get me up virtually anything, providing that there isn't a savage gradient (20+%) PLUS a horrid headwind.

jayonabike