111mm bb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Does anyone know where you can get cheap 68mm shell, 111mm spindle length square taper bottom brackets from? All I keep finding are 110 or larger. Have they stopped making them?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
110 would be fine.

Christopher

Über Member
hi
Is it for a Campagnolo chainset? I think only Campag make 111mm BBs & the taper is different than Shimano pattern which uses a JIS taper (different than the Campag one). I cannot remember which way it goes but it is ~4mm difference, so a 111mm BB in one brand is equivalent to 115mm in the other.
That is the only difference though, you can happilly use a Campag crank on a Shimano BB or vice versa (I do on one of my bikes and it works just fine).

andrew_s

Legendary Member
JIS square taper BBs generally come in 104/107/110/113/116/119/122
As above, 111 is Campag size and will be ISO taper, and mixing tapers makes about 4-5mm difference in the chainline.

If you want a 111mm ISO BB, Spa Cycles list a Neco BB, £25

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Does anyone know where you can get cheap 68mm shell, 111mm spindle length square taper bottom brackets from? All I keep finding are 110 or larger. Have they stopped making them?

Actually the Shimano BB in question is a 110.5mm unit, some shops call it 110mm, some 111mm. The model code is MM.

CRC has a UN54 in stock, only the UN26 is out of stock.

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
What's the difference between the shimano UN25, UN26, UN53, UN54 and UN55, they all come in 68x110mm are they the same just varying in quality?

The item I was referring to as being out of stock at crc was the Chin Haur CH51 Square Taper Bottom Bracket 111mm.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i went to local halfords to scrounge a box , only to find the bottom bracket i had been searching for in stock and on offer

What's the difference between the shimano UN25, UN26, UN53, UN54 and UN55, are they the same just varying in quality?.
Anyone? I'm pondering this same question myself now as I'm in the market for a 113 x 68mm BBm and while I know THIS one will fit for example, it would be nice to know the difference between them.

I read something about some having one plastic and one metal, one having two metal and one having a hollow axle, but I don't know if any of this is true?

Top Bottom