15 year old Cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sky News link

Man arrested and released on bail.
Hopefully the right driver.

lane

Veteran
Just down the road from me a bit of road I ride often. Was up there with my son last week. Absolutely terrible news beyond words.

Tizme

Veteran
Not on my bike, but walking my dog this morning on a single track country lane. Heard a vehicle approaching so grabbed my dog and started to pull him over to the hedge, car comes screaming around the corner, sees me and skids to a halt 3 metres in front of me. Driver winds his window down and says "I wasn't driving fast, the road is covered in grit, that's why I skidded"
WTF?
Whatever happened to driving to the conditions? This lane is constantly used by dog walkers, an increasing number of families as part of their lock-down exercise, horse riders and farmers in tractors with trailers! I am sure the truth of the matter was, he was late to get to HPC (Hinkley Point "C" building site), decided to short cut via the lane and was trying to make up the lost time.

You always know when a driver is going to fast, when the first thing they say is "I wasn't going fast" W*nker!

Top Bottom