15 year old Cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Horrendous.:sad: I hope they get caught.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Hit and run just make's it even worse your left with so many questions. Still effects Mrs 73 all these years on.

Sadly I think your right i'm only using my bike for basic shopping only a few miles down the road.
Nothing on the roads but yet still getting close pass after close pass some have got pretty close for comfort.
Hit and runs just make it even worse your left with so many questions. Still effects Mrs 73 all these years on.

ozboz

Guru
Dear Me , cut off in his youth , there are some proper gits out there , so sad 😞
I ended up in hospital for 2 weeks at 15 yo when I was offed by a bloke in an old Ford Pop, I was out of it but apparently he did stay until the ambo arrived , the cops said there wasn’t enough evidence to establish who was at fault ,

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
These kind of threads make me want to say some things that are probably not appropriate.

Anyhow.... with this lockdown, there are a lot more cyclists on the road which is great to see, but unfortunately a bunch of dimwitted drivers. The other day I ventured to a new place, the speed limit was 30. I continued. THe limit went to 40, I hesitantly continued, then the road got to a 50 zone and I thought sod that and turned around. Just not worth it.

in this lockdown era, why the heck do drivers need to be so impatient? Where do they have to go in such a hurry? What a bloody peanut. Do something else for your kicks. Idiots.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Unfortunately there is a sub-section of society who think the rules don't apply to them. Last night we watched a few minutes of Transporter 3 featuring Jason Statham racing his black Audi A8 saloon while chatting on the phone. I reckon that series of films has done more for sales of ridiculously overpowered black Audi saloons than any Audi campaign. Same as that Australian idiot who made the film about Robert the Bruce and stirred up all kinds of nationalistic feeling.

DSK

That is simply beyond words and deepest sympathies to the young lads family. I can't bear to think of the heart ache of a parent to see their child's life being taken in such a reckless manner. I hope the offender is brought to justice even, if only to give a partial closure to the boy's family.

Sadly there are too many cloned/illegal cars/drivers on the roads making hit&runs of all kinds common place. Also I understand that there is a rise in drunk/drug drivers compared to normal as well as those who think they are F1 drivers but, in reality can't drive for toffee.

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
An awful story. When drivers don't stop it's often because they aren't insured. I have definitely noticed an increase in speeding on our local roads as idiots take advantage of the reduced amount of traffic.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
So sad indeed. Another motorist no doubt driving without proper credentials or eating a pie or on the phone...

Top Bottom