152 watts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
After a 25 mile ride Strava says I averaged 152w. Is it possible to be hitting 200w for the same distance by Christmas or is it just a dream?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes. No! :okay:

si_c

Guru
Unless this was done with a PM then I would not trust what Strava says.
This. Unless you're using a power meter the numbers are meaningless.

U

User33236

PM on my Christmas list
Keep up the training and you may* hit 200w first ride out with it.

*whether you do or not depends on numerous factors and how you set you gps unit to record the data.

huwsparky

Über Member
After a 25 mile ride Strava says I averaged 152w. Is it possible to be hitting 200w for the same distance by Christmas or is it just a dream?
Do you think it's possible? If you don't get any fitter just enter yourself as being 25% heavier, that'll do the trick.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Do you think it's possible? If you don't get any fitter just enter yourself as being 25% heavier, that'll do the trick.
The thing been if I put weight on I'd probably be much more powerful on the flat but then suffer on the climbs.

U

User33236

I think huwsparky was saying to tell your GPS computer / Strava you are 25% heavier than you are but keep your actual weight the same.

AKA cheating :laugh:

S-Express

The thing been if I put weight on I'd probably be much more powerful on the flat but then suffer on the climbs.

I think you missed the point. Putting on weight doesn't give you more power. If it did, TTers would not look good in skinsuits. But you can fudge Strava to make you appear more powerful by increasing your theoretical weight. One is real world, one is made-up.

Top Bottom