1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

172mph driver sent down.

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by BentMikey, 24 Sep 2007.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

2. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Good.

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Personally I would prefer to make an example out of the people who drive at 40 or 50 in 30mph residential areas. Far more dangerous in my eyes.

4. Cab

Cab New Member

I'd be tempted to crush his car in addition to the punishment he has received. Otherwise, seems about right to me.

Although I agree with dom that we'd be better off punishing those doing 40 or 50 in 30 mph zones. Still, flagrant disregard of road law being punished by a driving ban, mustn't grumble.

5. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

The poor dear looks all harrassed and upset in the picture, why can't everyone see that this is a chronically unfair decision. Mr Brady was overly punished for driving a performance car at a speed that it was designed for... he was reading the road conditions...... he was no risk...to other......... *pfffffft* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a to$$er. That made my day.

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Nice to see Smithy admit to being wrong.

7. I believe I'm right in saying it wasn't actually his car - it was owned by the company he worked for or was a customer's or something.

8. Cab

Cab New Member

Was it? Oh, thats different then. That car should be returned to the owner and the motorists own car crushed :biggrin:

9. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Or just crush the motorist.

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

He hasn't admitted to being wrong has he though, he's only said 'this is the exception that proves the rule'. (whatever 'proves the rule' means.)

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

what a tit (the driver, not bonj). there are track days for driving performance cars as they were designed to be driven. the roads are for the rest of us in normal boring (anything less than a bmw m3 imo) cars, on motorbikes (also better for track days) or cycles getting from a-b.

racing on the roads is our privelidge.

12. starseven

starseven Guest

I agree with dom on this one, doing 40 in a 30mph should be enforced more harshly than 100 in a 70mph.

IMHO

13. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

It's a shame...I was enjoying drafting him along the A420...I'd just got onto the big ring....

14. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Spends his life saying that a driver should be able to choose his own, safe speed, as it's not the speed that kills. Then when his back is against the wall he admits that speeding is dangerous.

Note that his comments are tempered -they have to be with a story like this- and he's restrained himself from coming out with the ridiculous claims he's more accustomed to.

15. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Anyway, I've just read the story again. He got the car from Helphire. They should have crushed it. Helphire took £60 off my credit card without authorisation once as an 'admin fee', because they said that I was caught speeding in a Freelander in Blackburn. The only trouble was they'd lent me a Vectra. And I've never been to Blackburn.