1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1950s lugless Claud Butler frame

Discussion in 'Vintage and Classic Bikes' started by Tony Raynor, 23 Aug 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor Need for steeds

big thanks to @biggs682 for coming across this little gem. Interesting multi coated paint job, but underneath all that is a really well preserved frame. Need to get it stripped and re painted but will leave this on the back burner until I get time. Year based upon serial number and the fact that Mr Butler started going bilaminated instead of the low temperature bronze welding process.

Attached Files:

2. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

you are welcome @Tony Raynor , still think a shocking pink would be the best scheme and a pure fixie set up

on a more serious note those forks are fantastic it did cross my mind to try them on the old Pollard ^_^

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Back in the late sixties I had a CB lugless. I don't know how many different models of this type he built but from memory it looked like the one in the picture with the lamp bracket boss (Which I hacksawed off) on the fork. Mine was finished in purple till I at first hand painted it xx( light blue then had it resprayed in the same colour. It did sterling service as my first TT bike and later as a fixed wheel winter hack.

4. Gaben

Gaben Member

Do you have a readout of the serial # on the BB shell or the fork steerer?
    Frame could be any of the Jubilee/Coronation/International Club models (i.e. so-called welded frames, which mean fillet brazing by CB terminology) from the early to mid-fifties, though...

5. OP
    OP
    Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor Need for steeds

@Gaben I will check when I get back from China in February.