1951 Rudge Roadster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
42lbs! That's almost as much as a full sus Mountain bike!

In day to day riding, the weight is largely irrelevant anyway in all but the hilliest of terrain.

Big heavy 28" wheels take a bit of effort to get moving but roll along effortlessly once you do.

GarryG

Just out of interest what type of paint have you used? Still need to get around to do my '38
Hercules, wasn't sure whether to paint it or not, but your pictures have convinced me.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
Just out of interest what type of paint have you used? Still need to get around to do my '38
Hercules, wasn't sure whether to paint it or not, but your pictures have convinced me.

I used Japlac Enamel. Clean the frame well and treat it with Hammerite Kurust if there is much rust. Preparation is the key and it's best done outside in warm weather imo.

gbb

Legendary Member
Brings back memories of working in Cyprus, the plantation I used to visit had two or three 1950s Rudges for getting around the farm..and this was only 4 years ago. They were rough looking visually but very well maintained and they didnt seem to have problems getting new wheels or rims at least.
I can still see Gogos riding around with one of the girls perched on the handlebars ^_^.

Top Bottom