1957 Sun Sapphire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I've posted about this before but I have more pics of the bike now.
It's been hanging at the back of a heated garage for 40 years or so. Everything is original, from the brake blocks (perished) to the water bottle. He even has the original receipt for when it was bought new. I'll add a couple more pics when I can get them sorted.

.png
P1020671.JPG
P1020673.jpg
P1020682.JPG
P1020690 (1).JPG
P1020691.JPG
P1020692 (2).JPG
P1020694.JPG
P1020695.JPG

shadaboot27

Beautiful!

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
It belongs to a pal of mine and he's promised to dig it out for ages. He tells me he will sell it as a project for someone. I guess the parts would probably be worth more but it would be a real shame to break up what is a definite original.

Alex H

Legendary Member
I've posted about this before but I have more pics of the bike now.
It's been hanging at the back of a heated garage for 40 years or so. ]

A heated garage :eek: what else does he keep in there? ^_^

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
A heated garage :eek: what else does he keep in there? ^_^
^_^ Well that's probably why he hasn't been able to get to it for 40 years. Masses of stuff, MASSES, some of which is to do with restoring antiques so a steady lowish temperature which is not damp is important.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Nice ! The old boy down the road from me has a sun flat bar bike from @ the 40's 50's . He doesn't ride it but got a bit cagey when I asked about it so i'll just leave it at " nice bike mate "
He doesn't understand all these new bikes with all the gears and skinny wheels :laugh:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Ding dong! Love it. I find these time warp machines aboslutely fascinating. Loving those period parts! Nice to see a pre-Carlton Sun. The Coloral bottle is a particualrly nice old accessory. Great colour scheme too. Please DO NOT break tis machine up. This need s sympathetic restoration.

Top Bottom