1957 Sun Sapphire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I'm supposed to have another bunch of pics e mailed to me already but nothing yet................I'll chase him up.

Also being into restoration and antiques he's not one to go around butchering things just for a few bob. It would be a crying shame if that happened.

Billy Blue

I've posted about this before but I have more pics of the bike now.
It's been hanging at the back of a heated garage for 40 years or so. Everything is original, from the brake blocks (perished) to the water bottle. He even has the original receipt for when it was bought new. I'll add a couple more pics when I can get them sorted.

View attachment 47698 View attachment 47699 View attachment 47700 View attachment 47701 View attachment 47702 View attachment 47703 View attachment 47704 View attachment 47705 View attachment 47706
My first new bike was a pale blue Sun Sapphire way back in 1956 when I was 11. 4 derailleur gears (Benelux) and a single chainwheel. Price new was 22 pounds.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Having not dropped in for an age I was surprised this thread has been brought back from the dead.

I might have posted about this elsewhere but my mate ended up selling this on Fleabay, I think he got about £150 for it. He got contacted by the buyer who complained that the spoke nipples were difficult to undo. ^_^

After 40 years or so? Now who would have thought that??:banghead:

Top Bottom