1984 Peugeot (nothing special) Equipe - modernisation project.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks @Crackle

@Colin_P i do have a some forks , they are 1" threaded with allen key brake fitting style and are polished alloy units that were fitted to Koga Miyata's , ican scoot up the loft over the weekend and measure the steerer length and check to see if mudguard eyes or not

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Felt a bit like autumn this evening, what better time for a bit of racering about on the old racer.

Especially with a pair of these bad boys..
ZGyWHkG32GBXV7XLHl1cFzf2DHKewVUvm9JcjjmDPMA-2048x1536.jpg

_qELQjie3VdsT8TfIHA17RDKL_u4iDJb4xdTNwuhgzY-2048x1536.jpg

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Nice old lights and very nice bike if you replace the bulbs with leds the batteries will last a lot longer.

Already done, I bought a set of modern LEDs for them, they are now quite good.

Oh Wow. Super pretty.

Yes, an old steel framed racer is always easy on the eye.

@Colin_P looks good , worth the wait ?

There has been no wait, the bike has been on the road for almost a year now, or since my last cluster of posts. Saying that, it has had very light use, mainly to and from the pub.

Hope it doesn't lean too much to the right :smile:

Those lights are indeed heavy old beasts but the bike isn't the lightest with all and everything I've bolted to it. Not sure how long they will stay on as they do rattle a bit on an otherwise silent bike, silent except for the soothing and gentle whur of the chain through the rear derailleur. I might first have a go with some foam tape to silence the rattles.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
It has been a while.

The bike is going strong. Since my last update, I've changed the front MTB triple to a Touring triple, as believe it or not, it was too low geared.

One thing I still have niggling doubts about are the front forks. I'd like to swap them out for peace of mind. If anyone happens to read this, I'd appreciate any advice on what options are available and where to source them?

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Doing up the Revell mixte, I had a similar problem, except it was the extra stay that was fouling. @All uphill sent me some big washers, and that solved it neatly.

There simply isn't room back there for the chain on the small cog, the rear end was made for a narrower wheel. I do appreciate the advice and suggestion though.

davidphilips

Veteran
Forks look great Colin? Why do you feel the need to change them? Tbh they may be as strong if not stronger than newer fiber forks? Have a set of 653 blue and white forks some where would need to measure them to see if long enough if interested?

Top Bottom