1st 100km sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Well im a happy man today as ive just finished my 1st 100km sportive . Not so happy about how I recorded the ride on strava and my Garmin tho . Used the 2 for backup . At the start line I was so keen to get going I forgot to start Strava recording and rememberd a few min in that's why if you look at the map it's missing the start point and distance .
Next was the Garmin 520 .had it on as I was using the mapping for the route I did remember to start it from the start but the dam thing never even recorded the start . It wasn't until the half way point I paused it and restarted it when I was taking off agian that it started recording . I've been having this trouble with the Garmin from I got it .not recording and the timing stops half way thru a ride but it still records the ride . It's annoying me that much im now thinking swapping it for a Wahoo. Rant over lol .
Apart from that it was a very enjoyable day .sitting in groups , leading groups , and breaking away from one group to another .It was just brilliant.
Screenshot_20180617-160456.png

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
That's brilliant!!! I have to say I would always put Strava on the moment I'm on the start line and it soon autopauses!

Tech will always cock up somehow. Just as long as you had fun and the route looks lovely and coastal. How was the terrain?

I'm sure you have the bug for another one! I'd love to try a Sportive....well done you!!

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Must remember to do that with Strava from now on .
Terrain was better than I thought it was going to be . Pretty flatish with rolling hills that wernt too steep until the last half hour it was a long hill and the knees were getting heavy .we were going at a bit of pace that you sort of didnt have to get of the saddle to get up them if that makes sence .I didn't even research the route cause i only decided I was Gona do it at 9pm last night lol.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
I've done that Coastal Challenge. Nice easy route generally. A bit tough at the end getting up the carriageway to the start line again! Well done anyway. I did one today around Craigavon.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I did a 100-mile sportive last year and MapMyRide had a hissy fit 25 miles in at the first feed station.
First it said I'd done the distance in 3 seconds at something like 18,500mph (which is impressive even by my standards), then shut down and has since refused to ever acknowledge that part of the ride ever happened...:laugh:

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
I've done that Coastal Challenge. Nice easy route generally. A bit tough at the end getting up the carriageway to the start line again! Well done anyway. I did one today around Craigavon.
Take it ur local then .? Didn't know there was one happening in craigavon . The carriage way was a bit tough but the worst bit i can remember was a bit of the road on the way back it was that rough I was barley holding the bars .

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
I did a 100-mile sportive last year and MapMyRide had a hissy fit 25 miles in at the first feed station.
First it said I'd done the distance in 3 seconds at something like 18,500mph (which is impressive even by my standards), then shut down and has since refused to ever acknowledge that part of the ride ever happened...:laugh:
Crap when it happens. It was the same last year on my first sportive 35 mile and half way I forgot to restart Strava. My own fault tho

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Take it ur local then .? Didn't know there was one happening in craigavon . The carriage way was a bit tough but the worst bit i can remember was a bit of the road on the way back it was that rough I was barley holding the bars .
Yeah, down near Banbridge/ Rathfriland area. Nice route. Done every year apparently. One in two weeks starting in Rathfriland if you're interested. Search for Cornerstone Century Challenge. Takes in Spelga and Slieve Croob.

Top Bottom