1st heavy fall since I was a kid..ouch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I used to ride a scooter and posted on a motorbiking forum, the routine remark when someone had had an off at speed was skidding along the tarmac, more or less happy in leathers and protective gear, listening to a very expensive bike somewhere nearby skidding along the tarmac making very unhappy noises

runner

Guru
It's a horrible feeling...one minute on your bike..the next...why am I looking at concrete?? Some 3 years ago I was in central Bristol and ahead I could see the traffic lights on green...i put the pedal down and bam!! a cyclist on my left (texting) went across my path and the next thing I knew I was eating road and trying to untangle myself. Not only that but the impact pushed us to the right and into a stationary car (parked on double yellows) thus causing a dent. The car owner called her husband, the husband called the police, the security men from Harvy Nics called an ambulance for the cyclist (I use the term loosely) who cut across me...all hell had broken loose. There were no serious injuries and my bike apart from minor scuffs and a bent handlebar was ok...the police took statements and left...and the husband backed down when I pointed out that his wife was illegally parked on double yellow lines...Tired and sore I called my good wife....went home to lick my wounds and got my old hybrid out for work the following day....you can't keep a good cyclist down!!

Top Bottom