England : Greater Manchester 1st Jan, Kick Off the New Year. Manchester to Alderley Edge and back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
*cough* Manchester-Llandudno *cough*
Cool, have we got a date yet? Easter weekend.....

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Where's a good place to park.
Ideally somewhere where the wheels will still be attached when we return ......
There's an NCP car park in Piccadilly that is £6 all day but only if you enter after 07.00 & before 09.00 *early bird* but the car park is usually full before 9 a.m. Alternatively there is the Park & Ride at Swinton which has lot's of cameras. I wouldn't be confident leaving my car anywhere within a 4 mile radius of the city. I will be parking on a bus station or at a depot because I can.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
NCP car park Piccadilly Gardens, Chatham Street, M1 3AY. £6 for all day parking Mon-Fri when entering between 07.01 & 08.59

Edit.

There are also car parks on Rochdale Road at £3 per day about 1 mile out of central Manchester.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
NCP car park Piccadilly Gardens, Chatham Street, M1 3AY. £6 for all day parking Mon-Fri when entering between 07.01 & 08.59

Edit.

There are also car parks on Rochdale Road at £3 per day about 1 mile out of central Manchester.
That's super cheap for central Manchester so a good find :okay:

Free parking available at the Velodrome and only 3 miles from the start. I'm not aware of any crime issues when parking at the Velodrome, would happily leave my car there.

Not long to go now :hyper:. Weather forecast is still promising so looks like it is going to be a good day for a ride. I'm out for most of the day tomorrow so might not be around to answer any Q's until late, if at all. If i don't check in here I will see you all in Albert Square on New Years Day :okay:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
At this moment I am unlikely to be able to join you, I went to my lock up (inside a large building) for my bike & can't get in the gates !

I haven't been when it is closed for at least 6 months & they may have changed the locks to the main entrance ! Going to try again tomorrow but unless someone is already in the building I won't be able to get my bike !
If I get in then I am definitely on & have made my parking arrangements already.

Top Bottom