1st time this year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Caskman

Hi all
Yesterday was the first time I ventured out without my leg warmers on in the chilly North East. Sunday is looking like it might be warm enough to go out in short sleeves if the forecast is correct. How warm does it need to be before all you ccers go bare armed/legged?

uclown2002

Guru
15C

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
At least 8-10'c personally. The last 4-5 months ive always had thermal tights or leg warmers on because its chilly when i start my ride to work and chilly when i cycle home late in the evening. Ive even ditched the baselayer for a technical shirt with wicking properties and not bothered with windproof clothing as its currently counterintuitive for those who run hot riding in 16'c

Dave7

Legendary Member
I would rather be a bit too warm than cold. Friday was my first time in shorts and short sleeved top. I put a base layer in my back pocket but it didnt get used. TBH.....when I started I thought I had made a mistake....but I soon warmed up.
I will wear similar today but sans base layer :smile:

Lonestar

Veteran
Not me.Same gear I've been using in the winter I used yesterday,basically although I took a top layer off.Was well dehydrated when I got back though due to being stuck repairing the blowout near Mile End.

Top Bottom