2 b'twin wheels or one 'other' wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just check the width of your drop outs
the second one you list has 135 mm axle whereas a standard road bike has 130 mm

ayceejay

Guru
Ed: your enthusiasm is admirable and I (amongst others) would like to encourage that but (I bet you knew that 'but' was coming) I wonder if you are twisting in the wind somewhat.
It is evident that you enjoy fiddling with bikes but I sense a conflict with this and actually riding simply because you don't have one complete bike that works.
This is what I suggest (and I accept that I may be completely out of line so feel free to ignore me): instead of spending a few quid here and a few quid there save your money and buy one half decent bike for the riding pleasure. Then you can dabble until your heart is content with the other projects you have going.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Ed: your enthusiasm is admirable and I (amongst others) would like to encourage that but (I bet you knew that 'but' was coming) I wonder if you are twisting in the wind somewhat.
It is evident that you enjoy fiddling with bikes but I sense a conflict with this and actually riding simply because you don't have one complete bike that works.
This is what I suggest (and I accept that I may be completely out of line so feel free to ignore me): instead of spending a few quid here and a few quid there save your money and buy one half decent bike for the riding pleasure. Then you can dabble until your heart is content with the other projects you have going.
yes that is what i am doing currently as i have seasonal employment starting soon and i am going to try and get some slightly better paid work for at least a few weeks at there once a year events this year and then will get something like a B'Twin Triban or something or a carrera zelos or so and if i can squeeze and stretch then i will try for a at least S/H giant Defy 5 or even new if i can find the odd penny down the back of the bed or car seats! :ohmy:

but i am currently having to make do and repair my current clunker so i can still ride as others wise i end up losing my fitness and i end up leaving here and i have to commute do not really an option to just leave this one and save up immediately! be warned you may not here me post toooo much about building a recumbent trike and buying a lovely tourer for a while until you here me rave about my lovely road bike! :tongue:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom