2 minute window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
If no one has suggested it why can't you get the caretakers or head to open the school gates/doors 10 minutes earlier or at 8:30am like most schools which would give you time to get your little munchkin to school in time, get him settled and say goodbye then get yourself off to work in good time. Just a suggestion.
Following Ofsted recommendations regarding safeguarding schools are discouraged from having children on the premises before 8.45 as they are technically unsupervised as teachers don't get into the classroom until then. Most, like the school the ops son attends offer a breakfast club instead but it isn't free.
Our school now keeps the gates locked until quarter to 9 to prevent parents leaving their children as early as 8 o'clock to avoid paying for childcare.
In the scheme of things I don't think £30 a week childcare costs are unreasonable.

screenman

Legendary Member
A suggestion; you're doing this 3-mile ride on a hybrid. Borrow a road bike on a day off and try it; you'll notice a difference.

A colleague does the same commute as me; I take 30-35 minutes if I go direct. He takes 45-60.

The difference; he's on a hybrid and I'm on a road bike.

Nothing to do with the fact you maybe fitter then. there was a guy around here called Mick Daley, who used to do the chain gang on a MTB with off road tyres on, even the CAT1 riders could not drop him when they were on road bikes.

It is the engine that makes the most difference.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nothing to do with the fact you maybe fitter then. there was a guy around here called Mick Daley, who used to do the chain gang on a MTB with off road tyres on, even the CAT1 riders could not drop him when they were on road bikes.

It is the engine that makes the most difference.
I was whizzing along at about 20 mph on my road bike once when GB Olympic MTB rider Deb Murrell (22nd in cross-country MTB at the Atlanta games in 1996) shot past me on her knobbly-tyred MTB. She was doing about 30 mph at the time, one-handed and supping from a bottle. She had plenty of puff left to say hello as she went by ...

screenman

Legendary Member
I was whizzing along at about 20 mph on my road bike once when GB Olympic MTB rider Deb Murrell (22nd in cross-country MTB at the Atlanta games in 1996) shot past me on her knobbly-tyred MTB. She was doing about 30 mph at the time, one-handed and supping from a bottle. She had plenty of puff left to say hello as she went by ...

Tell me about it, my DIL multi times national points champion at different events, represented UK in worlds and is just too fast, coached by my eldest and designed to make me look slow.

Top Bottom