2 punctures in one week!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Beginning to wonder if the ultremo's were a bad choice for a rural location. Had 2 punctures this week. The tyre did a reasonable job but let something small through both times. Such a small hole a bowl of water needed.

Wrong choice of tyre maybe. These seem very race bias'd.

Is it possible to run a different rear to front? It's only the rear that seems to get a beating.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Oops I said the p word without ****** sorry all!

Gary E

Veteran
I had 4 punctures a couple of weeks ago but couldn't for the life of me find anything in the tyre.

On the 4th one I really went to town, turned the tyre inside out and looked it over with a magnifying glass.

Eventually I found the tiniest strand of wire, that was so small I had to use tweezers to get at it, barely protruding through the tyre.

I think it was so small that after changing the tube each time it took a while to work it's way into the next one (same thing as you had - hole was so small I struggled to find it each time.

A tip I picked up from a mate is to always line the 'K' in Kenda on my tyre with the valve cap when I put the tyre on. That way once you do find the hole in the tube you can simply lay it down on the tyre (with the K next to the valve) and go to town on that bit of the tyre instead of the whole thing.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Thats a good idea. I'm going to give it a good look tomorrow. I was lucky in that both times the tyre went down when parked up, so didn't have to do roadside diy

Top Bottom