2-way pedals - clipless one side - anyone used these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I have them and think they are brilliant. I use to have to decide on which bike based on what was on my feet heading out the door, not anymore. Excellent for commuting in London if you don't feel confident enough to clip in.

Kies

M324's on the hybrid. Easy to flip and use with normal trainers. I did the Fridays London to Brighton last year, as i rushed out of the house to meet @Mr Haematocrit at the train station and forgot my MTB shoes

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Thanks everyone for all your replies. Riding a hybrid on bumpy (or actually disintegrating) rural roads, some of what has been said here makes a lot of sense, and anything that makes "dragging my sorry arse" up hills easier sounds good!

Much appreciated. G.

.stu

Über Member
I've got the PD-T780 clip/flat pedals on one bike, largely because they have built-in reflectors. I use the SPD side mostly, and find that I can usually clip in first time without having to think about flipping the pedals as they are weighted to hang the right way.

I have these on both my commuting bikes and think they are great. The clip side is always the right way up for clipping in, only issue is when sing the flat side you have to flip the pedal first with your foot which can take a few attempts sometimes. Also the built-in reflectors mean I am street-legal :smile:

Top Bottom