20-40 fit male wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Big Bren said:
they actually said that on 'The Word'

Ah, you're right

Big Bren said:
Showing your age

LOL - right again ! ;)

My favourite (in black humoured, I-told-you-so, Jesus-how-low-can-they-go-before-they-ban-this sort of way) was the guy throwing-up into a glass, then drinking it again.

Sounds like urban myth, but they did actually find someone who would 'do anything to get on television' and showed him doing this.

- although of course it could have been faked and not really puke.

The worst I think was Denise Van Outen in 'Something for the Weekend'.

They had a game where there was a bloke getting married, and they showed him 4 girls hidden behind a screen, with holes in it so he could just see their breasts, and he had to identify his fiancee's tits from the other 3.

The following week they went worse, it was a woman getting married and four blokes behind the screen, with their privates visible through the holes and from which she had to identify 'hers'.
It was all filmed long-shot rather than close-up, but yes that was very tasteful.

Target audience - under-25's coming in from the pub on a Friday night

TVC

I turn 41 tomorrow - I guess that's me out. Oh, and also the fact that hell hasn't frozen over yet.;)

monnet

Guru
I'm prepared to be open minded about who may become mrs monnet in the future but, Jesus, the idea of her being unfit and never having been interested in being fit and all the shite food that usually goes with that. Blood and sand. I'll go back to watching The Word. I particularly remember the guy submerged in bath of cow shoot and the bloke who snogged a granny.

monnet said:
I'm prepared to be open minded about who may become mrs monnet in the future but, Jesus, the idea of her being unfit and never having been interested in being fit and all the shite food that usually goes with that. Blood and sand. I'll go back to watching The Word. I particularly remember the guy submerged in bath of cow shoot and the bloke who snogged a granny.

Huh, for £500 and fame on telly you'll be porking some 20 stone wodge of lard just like the rest of them.;)

monnet

Guru
Not a chance. Chuck me a nice De Rosa kitted out with lightweight wheels and a campag record groupset and I'd be there though.

Noodley

I fall within the target audience ... should I be worried? ;)

surely the law of averages dictates that there must be some people on here who not only watch reality shows but enjoy them as well? or is it the case that once you take up cycling you're not allowed to do any other leisure activities, including watching TV, or you face ridicule and snobbery isolation from other cyclists as being beneath them?

It's just a matter of 'opinion' in my case, as I can't prove the benefit or otherwise of other people watching what I consider to be time wasting things on TV. I wonder whether regular exposure to something allows that something to be seen as 'the norm' or something to aspire to.

Arch

Married to Night Train
trustysteed said:
surely the law of averages dictates that there must be some people on here who not only watch reality shows but enjoy them as well? or is it the case that once you take up cycling you're not allowed to do any other leisure activities, including watching TV, or you face ridicule and snobbery isolation from other cyclists as being beneath them?

Depends how you define 'reality'. Big Brother and that sort of thing, no, never have. Anything with Celebrity in the title, no, I've never heard of the celebrities (With one exception, the sport relief showjumping programme last year. I claim it was because I wanted to learn from them to improve my riding technique. And I like Matt Baker;)).

But if there's nothing better on, I will watch "It's me or the Dog", or "How clean is your house?" or "Diet Doctors". Partly I suspect because it makes me feel superior to the stupid, dirty or morbidly obese people featured...

Actually, I really like "It's me or the dog". Slightly worryingly, I find myself wondering if it's something to do with Victoria Stillwell turning up in a Jag and leather trousers and being strict...;) No, no, it must be the interest in animal psychology..

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yorkshireman said:
It's just a matter of 'opinion' in my case, as I can't prove the benefit or otherwise of other people watching what I consider to be time wasting things on TV. I wonder whether regular exposure to something allows that something to be seen as 'the norm' or something to aspire to.

That's the problem. I think they need to 'Smart up' BB (as opposed to dumb down). Have a bunch of intelligent people (the sort of folk that hang around here) and prompt them into intelligent discussions of current affairs and give them cerebral and intelligent tasks to do.

And there could still be flirting and all that, it would just be more nicely worded...;)

Each week, the most boring or rude person would be booted out..

Arch said:
I will watch ..... "How clean is your house?"

definitely car crash tv! you try not to watch but seeing the filth people live in is just amazing.

although that aggie woman scares me and when she started scraping brown 'stuff' off the insde of someone's toilet bowl with her bare nails, i was a bit concerned about her hygiene approach. ;)

Top Bottom