20 cm away from death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Who is the right person to speak to in the CTC?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Try Roger Geffen at the CTC:

roger.geffenatctc.org.uk

Keep pursuing this, Mags.

Why not ask the cycling lawyer his advice?

Good luck.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Try Roger Geffen at the CTC:

roger.geffenatctc.org.uk

Keep pursuing this, Mags.

Why not ask the cycling lawyer his advice?

Good luck.

Origamist. Yes indeed I think chatting to Martin would be helpful, although this will be under Scottish Law. However, I'm sure his advice would be helpful.

Rest assured, I will pursue this vigorously. I need to be sure I take the correct approach though.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I hate to quote myself (cycle lawyer thread) but it seems prescient.....

....Utterly my own opinion but I sometimes wonder whether each organisation uses the other as the foil for 'plausible denial'...

Police - "We won't pursue a case because the CPS would throw it out"
CPS - "We don't have the evidence from the police investigation to pursue a prosecution"

Camgreen

Absolutely disgraceful decision Magnatom, definitely don't let the matter drop. My view would also be to not re-post the video clip though ... leastways not yet; don't let the powers that be have the excuse of saying you've prejudiced any fair hearing for the tanker driver by making the clip public again.

adscrim

Veteran
Have a look here- This chap is a QC trying to get the CPS to prosecute for a threat to kill. It make maddening reading but the sad bit, for me at least, is that is video evidence and a full knowledge of the law gets you no response, what hope is there for the rest of us.

He may be able to offer you some advice on how to proceed.

Camgreen

I guess the CTC people will have the best idea how to take this forward and who to approach, but how about MSP Stewart Stevenson who has transport as part of his portfolio as a possible first port of call?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Have a look here- This chap is a QC trying to get the CPS to prosecute for a threat to kill. It make maddening reading but the sad bit, for me at least, is that is video evidence and a full knowledge of the law gets you no response, what hope is there for the rest of us.

He may be able to offer you some advice on how to proceed.

Aye this is the chap that Origamist was mentioning.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Absolutely disgraceful decision Magnatom, definitely don't let the matter drop. My view would also be to not re-post the video clip though ... leastways not yet; don't let the powers that be have the excuse of saying you've prejudiced any fair hearing for the tanker driver by making the clip public again.

The PF have made their decision. I don't think there is any appeal process. Anyway, in some ways I am more concerned about the attitude of the PF to this case.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Actually, so long as the mods and Admin don't mind I'll start a new thread about the outcome. This thread is a bit big. However, this thread is a useful audit trail for me!

Top Bottom