20 cm away from death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

I'm not making any judgments just yet, as I have not heard back from the PF office yet. It is possible that it is progressing.

If no action is taken then I am more than capable of generating some publicity surrounding the incident to highlight the issue.

I'll wait and see.....

Simon_m

Guru
sounds bad, very scarey. hope to see the video one day

Peter10

Come on, you didn't expect them to take action against such a top bloke did you?
The bitter cynic in me says that the driver is probably related to someone in the police and the files were probably 'lost'.

If you believe that then you are an utter idiot...

marmalade400

If you believe that then you are an utter idiot...

I have no way of knowing what is actually going on. I have had injustice for breakfast and corruption for lunch; the result was a bit of cynical speculation. I tried to make that apparent but obviously failed. Sorry about that.

I assume you have no inside information either, and you are free to speculate in a more hopeful, trusting manner if you see fit. I don't think it makes you an utter idiot if that is the case, I admire your positivity.

Crankarm

Guru
I'm not making any judgments just yet, as I have not heard back from the PF office yet. It is possible that it is progressing.

If no action is taken then I am more than capable of generating some publicity surrounding the incident to highlight the issue.

I'll wait and see.....

A recorded delivery letter to the main man (or woman) at the PF office asking whether this matter is progressing to prosecution and when this might be? If not, then why not, remind them of your video footage.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

A recorded delivery letter to the main man (or woman) at the PF office asking whether this matter is progressing to prosecution and when this might be? If not, then why not, remind them of your video footage.

I've received a reply from the head office saying that they have chased up the local office, so no need to waste paper! :smile:

aoj

[quote name='magnatom' timestamp='1267447369' post='1134793']
I'm still a bit shaken. This morning I was entering a roundabout at about 15 mph. Nothing else was on the roundabout at the time. I am going straight on. On the next entrance to the roundabout a HGV (oil tanker) is approaching. We make eye contact and he starts slowing. The next thing I know he is entering the roundabout and he is turning right (cutting straight across me). I can't go ahead of him, I can't go behind him. I brake hard, and my back wheel looses grip (sub zero this morning). I manage to stay upright (thank God!) and stop just short of him. He continues to tun and due to his size his rear wheels get closer and closer to me. The pass less than 20cm from me and my bike. He disappears off leaving me stood in the middle of the roundabout in complete shock.

When I get to the meeting I was going to they commented that I looked white.

So I'm just having something to eat, I'll be phoning the police (I have the reg but no markings on the tanker) and then I'll get the video up.

I honestly thought my time was up.

The eye contact thing is very well known by motorcyclists, they look straight at you and pull out! Having ridden a motorbike for thirty odd years and once did the flying through the air thing when a motorist pulled out while looking me in the eye. ( I've now seen the light and bicycle more mile miles than motorcycle now.) When riding a motorcycle you assume they have not seen you, I do the same with the bicycle and stop if necessary though I do very little cycling in traffic.

I have two loud horns fitted to my motorcycle and almost always give an emerging driver a toot then a wave. If they didn't see me they now know I'm there, if they did the wave is to say " Sorry if you did see me but i did it just in case". It seem to work ok

Maybe it is time for an Airzound and always assume they did not see you.

http://www.airzound.co.uk/

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I've received a reply from the head office saying that they have chased up the local office, so no need to waste paper! :smile:

Could be any number of reasons as to why its taking so long. I do hope theres nothing more serious that they are also compiling a CPS case on... I also hope its not a case of them dropping it, if they do tell you that ask the CTC for help (if you're a member) in going to the press. You could get that on national TV with a bit of strategy.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Could be any number of reasons as to why its taking so long. I do hope theres nothing more serious that they are also compiling a CPS case on... I also hope its not a case of them dropping it, if they do tell you that ask the CTC for help (if you're a member) in going to the press. You could get that on national TV with a bit of strategy.

Aye, it is possible that there may be legitimate reasons for the delay, it just be nice if they could get back to me within their own guideline timeframes! :rolleyes:

The CTC would certainly be one of my ports of calls. Of course with my previous stardom, I have a few media contacts of my own....daaahhling! ;):biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

UPDATE:

I eventually managed to get a response from the Procurator Fiscals office, by phoning them. No e-mail reply to my 1st September request for details on the incident despite chasing it up multiple times.

'No note of the incident on our records!' :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I'm on the phone to the police now. Apparently have to talk to one of the officers and they aren't in at the moment. If they have mucked this up or mucked me about I am going to be fuming!:angry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Both officers involved have moved offices now. PC L*** who was the one who took my statement and made various comments about how cyclists can be difficult to see (grrrr) is now in CID! However, I apparently need to contact them. Officer D******* isn't in until 4pm on Tuesday (when I should be getting close to London on a train). But I'll be phoning him.

If they have mucked this up I am going to be sure that a major complaint will be going in! :angry:

4pm on Tuesday (when I should be getting close to London on a train).

Unlikely, I have had you added to the terror watch list.
laugh.gif

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Both officers involved have moved offices now. PC L*** who was the one who took my statement and made various comments about how cyclists can be difficult to see (grrrr) is now in CID! However, I apparently need to contact them. Officer D******* isn't in until 4pm on Tuesday (when I should be getting close to London on a train). But I'll be phoning him.

If they have mucked this up I am going to be sure that a major complaint will be going in! :angry:

I don't know if Scotland is the same as England but it could be statute barred after 6 months. I think that is if the accused has been notified of an intention of possible prosecution, then the case has to be heard at court within 6 months.

You have all the evidence for a valid complaint - do it.

Top Bottom