20 cm away from death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Happiness Stan said:
Magnatom has been gagging to capture an incident like this for years. Now it's time for him to put his big girl pants on and do something about it. Otherwise put the camera away.

Who in their right minds goes looking for this sort of incident. "I know I've got a camera fitted , lets see how close I can actually get to the side of that truck approaching from my left without hitting it"

Its also not his job, now that this has happenned to do "something about it" other than what he has already done. Reporting the incident to the police, for them to deal with.

I don't know where you come from but if you cycle that way, with a camera here's a piece of advice. "Get of the road & leave the bike at home"

Bollo said:
On to much more serious matters. Thinking ahead, if all this makes it to court (I'm not in the know, just speculating) then I imagine its the kind of story that even the nationals might tip their hat towards on a quiet day. That's likely to unleash the forces of vox-pop hell upon Maggers. I really really hope for the good doctor's sake that this doesn't induce some of the less well balanced members of society to start issuing some quite serious threats again.

That same thought occurred to me, too, Bollo! :biggrin:

Let's hope we're wrong, or that cyclists unite against the prejudiced treatment of bad/dangerous driving inflicted on us!

Keep going, Mags, but keep safe, too!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

As a police officer once said to me in relation to my original death threats, 'yer no Martin Luther King...'.

However, having been lucky enough to go on safari on a few occasions in the past (pre-children) I have some first hand knowledge on how dangerous Hippos can be......:thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I've now made my statement. The PC didn't mention how nice the driver was this time! (Ironically she seems quite nice and genuine herself! :thumbsup:).

She did say how it could take a number of months before I hear from the Procurator Fiscal. So there won't be news for a while.

I will of course let you know if there is any news (detail will have to wait until the investigation is over, of course).

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
C'mon lads, be reasonable - it's only been three and a half months. They've probably only just got the doughnuts in...

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Mmmmmmm, doughnuts...
homer-drool-702026.gif

gbb

Legendary Member
Just glad you're ok magnatom.
We all complain about incidents, usually quite rightly, but just once in a blue moon (thankfully) a REALLY scary one happens, and you realise sometimes most incidents are actually not life threatening.
Twice in 20 years ive had one where you think...another second, another couple of inches :thumbsdown: Doesnt bear thinking about sometimes.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hi Guys,

Away on a course in Cambridge at the moment, so not much chance to be on here!

No word yet. I wouldn't expect anything yet. The wheels of justice are slow....:biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
magnatom said:
Hi Guys,

Away on a course in Cambridge at the moment, so not much chance to be on here!

No word yet. I wouldn't expect anything yet. The wheels of justice are slow....:biggrin:
unlike the wheels of idiot tanker drivers!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hi Folks,

I just thought I'd update on this.

The incident happened on the 1st March 2010. I have yet to hear anything about the case. So last month I contacted the Procurator Fiscal to find out what was happening. For some reason they passed the query onto the Dumbarton office (the incident happened in Milngavie!). Anyway the allowed 21 working days have passed and I heard nothing. So I have chased the PF office up again.

I am beginning to get concerned about this. I know things can take a while, but surely this is getting on a bit? Does anyone on here work for the PF office, or have dealings with them?

marmalade400

The police can't make it tonight, the young constable just phoned me. Obviously I can't say much, however, the one thing I will say is that she keeps on saying how the bloke seems a genuine, top bloke and is really sorry for what he did.

Come on, you didn't expect them to take action against such a top bloke did you?
The bitter cynic in me says that the driver is probably related to someone in the police and the files were probably 'lost'.

Top Bottom