20 cm away from death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coco

Unlikely, I have had you added to the terror watch list.
laugh.gif

Unrelated

Jezston

Über Member
Threaten to go the IPCC. If that doesn't get them moving, actually go to the IPCC.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Thanks guys. The police still have my USB! I bet someone is using it for their own files now! :angry:

There has been incompetence from start to finish, the police and the Procurator Fiscal. I'll complaining to both.

The good thing is I have this thread and some PM's as well as some written documentary evidence of what has happened throughout this. I'll just need to get the facts from the police and take it from there.

The worst thing is the guy driving that tanker is getting away scot free and will likely still be driving poorly. :angry:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Jesus Mags, Im sorry to hear about this, it sounded so postive - i hope the complaints move things on a bit but it's ridiculous.

You're in London you say....?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Jesus Mags, Im sorry to hear about this, it sounded so postive - i hope the complaints move things on a bit but it's ridiculous.

You're in London you say....?

Aye I'm popping down next week. Is a research council business plan competition , so I'm heading down Tuesday and coming back Wednesday.

The problem is that I am down with a couple of other folk, so I'm not sure I'll be able to meet up with anyone when down. I'll PM you later....

BSRU

A Human Being
After all this time, it is a bit of a slap in the face from whoever has not been doing their job diligently.

As Easy As Riding A Bike

Both officers involved have moved offices now. PC L*** who was the one who took my statement and made various comments about how cyclists can be difficult to see (grrrr) is now in CID!

Maybe this is a sweeping generalization, but I suspect that only someone who can't really be arsed to investigate would make a comment like that. Certainly if he had seen the video, and then said that, I'm not massively surprised that the case has vanished into thin air. It reeks of an attitude of "oh well, these things happen, and you cyclists really need to be more careful."

My sympathies, Magnatom. Hope your persistence pays off.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The sad thing is that they had all the evidence on a plate (well, Mag's USB) ready to go.

Simple interview.

Are you so and so?, do you work for so and so, do you drive a lorry, were you..etc................is this you?

Signed, sealed, delivered, bish, bash bosh.

An absolute traffic offence, as easy as they come.

A complaint is deserved IF they have failed to act. We won't know till Tuesday when Mags rings them though. Fingers crossed, cos driving like that's going to kill someone.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

A complaint would definitely be deserved as they told me they were charging him with dangerous driving.
I'll phone the police office tomorrow and try and speak to the desk sergeant.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
FFS is this still going on? As ComedyPilot said they had it on a plate they should pull their finger out. :huh: If they've definately made a cock up or even just wasted your time and missed an opportunity to deal with this moron then I wonder if the Scots Sun would be interested in the story? Take it to the press!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

OK. Here we go......

I managed to talk to one of the officers who was dealing with the case today. When I mentioned the oil tanker etc he remembered the case and could confirm that he had sent it to the procurator fiscal (PF). He was able to provide me with a crime reference number (the one I had before was wrong for some reason.

So I have now just got off the phone to the PF office. With these details they could find the case (but not by my name, address or the date of the incident?!?).

The prosecution will not be taken forward due to.....now get this.....

INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So, my helmet camera footage clearly showing the oil tanker pulling out in front of me and coming within cms of taking my life provided insufficient evidence. (I'll repost the video shortly). Rest assured I will be taking this matter further. Do you think it is worth talking to the CTC about this?

Top Bottom