20 cm away from death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happiness Stan

Magnatom has been gagging to capture an incident like this for years. Now it's time for him to put his big girl pants on and do something about it. Otherwise put the camera away.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Happiness Stan said:
Magnatom has been gagging to capture an incident like this for years. Now it's time for him to put his big girl pants on and do something about it. Otherwise put the camera away.

:biggrin:

Why on earth would you post something so utterly unrealistic?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Happiness Stan said:
What a strange thing to say. Are you a bit dim?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
hippo.jpg

wafflycat

Happiness Stan said:

*sniff* *sniff*

ah yes, the unmistakable scent of liquid bovine bowel movements associated with a trolling comment :biggrin:

Happiness Stan said:

So you are saying it's ok to drive like that then?

nigelb said:
Final thought, I wonder how many cyclists and car drivers he's intimidated and endangered in the past, learning that he can get away with it because he's in a big truck?

Nige

Probably not that many. It looked to me like Mags was behind his mirror and the driver just didn't see him. It's not an excuse - I always look round and under my mirrors as well as in them when I'm approaching a roundabout - but it might be a reason.

Rhythm Thief said:
Probably not that many. It looked to me like Mags was behind his mirror and the driver just didn't see him. It's not an excuse - I always look round and under my mirrors as well as in them when I'm approaching a roundabout - but it might be a reason.

Indeed, if I don't see a truck-driver's head going up and down and from side to side at a junction, I become very cautious.

thomas

the tank engine
User3143 said:
Great idea!! Let's go out and get cut up by a truck on a roundabout with my front wheel only a foot from the rear wheels on the trailer.

That'll make some great film that will!!:sad:

You forget Lee, that everyone with a Helmet Camera goes out trying to get squished just for some good film ;):laugh:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Happiness Stan said:

Yes you're right. That's why on my current commute I much much prefer taking the back-road route where if I am lucky I see about 4 cars over about 4 miles compared to the quicker 'A' road where I see a couple of hundred cars. I am much more likely to have some 'exciting' footage staring sheep, horses and ikle wikle bunny wabbits on the back roads. Just you wait, it'll make me a star......;)

(Actually, the sort of footage involving animals that would make me a star, might not last too long on youtube......)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
Great idea!! Let's go out and get cut up by a truck on a roundabout with my front wheel only a foot from the rear wheels on the trailer.

That'll make some great film that will!!;)

Come on Lee, you know I have the bike skills to carry it off........:sad:

Norm

thomas said:
You forget Lee, that everyone with a Helmet Camera goes out trying to get squished just for some good film :biggrin::smile:
Lucky I have a rucksack camera rather than a helmet camera. :biggrin:

Besides, most of the roads I use are tracks or have weight limits. I hope that me on the bike doesn't exceed 7.5 tonnes, but I'm a bit worried about checking. :ohmy:

Most of my footage is fun little rides in the country, which end up looking like this. :biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
Come on Lee, you know I have the bike skills to carry it off........:biggrin:

Somewhere, a defence lawyer punches the air and rings his lorry driver client....
"I've got proof! The mushroom-head is a pathological liar!"

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
On to much more serious matters. Thinking ahead, if all this makes it to court (I'm not in the know, just speculating) then I imagine its the kind of story that even the nationals might tip their hat towards on a quiet day. That's likely to unleash the forces of vox-pop hell upon Maggers. I really really hope for the good doctor's sake that this doesn't induce some of the less well balanced members of society to start issuing some quite serious threats again.

Top Bottom