20 mph speed limit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
''It will turn Tynemouth into a one-way system' - Tories hit out at coastal cycle lane as work to begin'
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/coastal-cycle-lane-north-tyneside-27928463.amp

The nose to tail traffic there is horrendous. The path has too many pedestrians making it best to stick to the road.
Both a nice and horrid place. Reminds me a bit of Yarm, though Yarm is even more ugly a place, with its traffic.

Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It's made no difference outside my house. they still treat it as a race track, even with the temporary traffic lights, courtesy of Welsh Water. God knows what it's going to be like when they're finally gone.

People are starting to deface the signs too, by spraying them with black paint.

Ironically, some of the places marked 20 were actually impossible to drive that fast to start with, due to speed bumps and cars being parked both sides of the road.

Squirrel Chaser

It's made no difference outside my house. they still treat it as a race track, even with the temporary traffic lights, courtesy of Welsh Water. God knows what it's going to be like when they're finally gone.

People are starting to deface the signs too, by spraying them with black paint.

Ironically, some of the places marked 20 were actually impossible to drive that fast to start with, due to speed bumps and cars being parked both sides of the road.
Lol painting out road signs is a poor effort,
They get shot out here 😁

Alex321

Veteran
Print an 8

I have absolutely no clue what that is supposed to mean?

Nor why transfer the quote frrom another thread to this one?

Alex321

Veteran
You'd think, because they have black paint, they'd attempt to change the 2 to a 3.

As it stands, if you see a blacked out sign, you automatically know it said 20 - so it kind of defeats the object.

Actually, In have seen quite a few 30 limit signs that have been painted over rather than being removed (presumably because it was quicker and cheaper initially).

Not painted over with black though.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Actually, In have seen quite a few 30 limit signs that have been painted over rather than being removed (presumably because it was quicker and cheaper initially).

Not painted over with black though.

We had a lot of new signs here before the change that said "30" but the "3" was a removable sticker.

Perhaps these "protesters" should have stole them while they had the chance, then returned them after the new limit came into force.

Squirrel Chaser

We had a lot of new signs here before the change that said "30" but the "3" was a removable sticker.

Perhaps these "protesters" should have stole them while they had the chance, then returned them after the new limit came into force.
Lots have been removed here.
Mostly the ones that are definitive and the ones in-between changes get shot out.
Nobody cares anymore

i don't live in Wales but think it's a brave move and hope it saves some lives
i would like to see it where i live in built up areas where pedestrians are in danger, even other motorists
in 30mph areas where i live i try to just put the cruise control on and stick to 30. i've no problem with lower speeds, trying to drive fast anywhere nowadays is pure stress inducing

Top Bottom