2007 Dawes Super Galaxy for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gareth01244

Über Member
I am looking to sell my Dawes Super Galaxy in order to fund a new build, The bike is in fantastic condition and has unmarked paintwork. The bike has had little use from its previous owner and I bought it to use as a winter bike but have decided that its to good to abuse in that way. Its a 56 and fits me well at 6ft, the frame is Reynolds 853 and its running Tiagra sti shifters along with xt triple chainset and rear mech. The bike has recently had a gear service and is in perfect working order, the Shwalbe 32c Marathon tyres are also in excellent condition. The bike comes complete with a new Brooks B17 saddle( can swap out for the original Selle Italia that it came with and adjust the price accordingly) Although this is a 2007 model it is the same colour and near identical spec of the 2015 model and it could easily pass for new such is the condition of the bike. The bike is fitted with SKS mudguards.I have removed the rear pannier rack but will refit prior to sale. The bike is fitted with an NVO adjustable stem(think its 100cm) and I have a 90mm spare one I will include in the sale.
Asking £535. DSCF7684.JPG DSCF7685.JPG DSCF7689.JPG DSCF7695.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7694.JPG
    DSCF7694.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 14

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Super looking bike.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Now that is one nice bike; just what I "need" to go for a long wander in the spring. Before I get too excited though, you say it's a 56cm frame. I had a look at the Dawes spec for that model year and it says the Super Galaxy came in a 54, 57, and 60cm size. If it's a 57 then I could be tempted but would need to raid the piggy bank before I make any rash commitment. A 54 would be too small.

Edit... Is this the same bike that was being sold by @JPBoothy last autumn? If so then it is the smaller frame. Or is it just a coincidence that there are 2 mint 2008 Super Galaxys knocking around the Chester/Cheshire area? Still interested if it's the 57cm....

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's a classy well looked after bike! If i was into touring i'd have it.

vickster

Legendary Member
The confusion is as ever because manufacturers use different parts of the frame to size their bikes. The Galaxy 48cm version has a 55.6cm horizontal TT which might be ok for a 5'9 rider. It's the seat tube which is the 48cm bit

http://dawescycles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Touring-Geometries.pdf

There doesn't appear to be a 56cm, other than the 53cm which has a 56.8cm TT

@Pjays666 i don't think Chester where the bike is is a million miles from Burnley, go have a look at it if the seller is happy with that

Last edited:
Top Bottom