2008 Specialized Langsters

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
'singlespeed cross bike' Is there going to be lots of demand for that? :?:

You got to give it to Spesh they can do some right nice bikes, heck I got a 2007 Roubaix so I know that.

Thank goodness they did the Langster in white this year last years brown was a bit off don't think they sold much of emm a right brown pants (no pun)experience must have been going on at Spesh over that one :thumbsup:

peejay78

i think the new spazz langsters are a horrible, woeful exercise in specious marketing.

increasingly i seem to be alone in this.

style over substance, the perfect bike for a media-mulleted ad-whore living in shoreditch, or possibly a foxtons estate agent, to place next to their grafitti-clad mini.

Squaggles

Maybe so but it's a bike and if it gets media-mulleted ad-whores living in shoreditch and foxtons estate agents riding bikes then thats fine by me .

peejay78

i'd rather they were crushed under the wheels of one of their own minis, whilst on the way to a bijou apartment in london's fashionable east end.

Noodley

I saw the white "god save the queen langster today - it is awful. :blush::biggrin:!

I saw it in the window when I drove past and thought "that looks a bit of alright"...it did look alright from 20 yards but "in the flesh" it looked awful, chavtastic it was :rolleyes:

gkerr4

I just ordered an 07 Langster in 'rust' - which I kinda like the look of.

there are a handful of websites offering the 07 models for £350ish now - a reduction from the £400rrp - but when you call the shop they don't actually have any stock left. They are apparently selling very well - which explains why a lot of shops simply arent discounting the 07 model even though the 08's are available.

Finally ordered it from cyclesurgery in London for £349 - should arrive on Friday with a bit of luck.

I was tempted with the london model at full rrp, but would have worked out a bit more by the time I changed those ridiculous handlebars for something decent.- I wasn't fussed on the new 08 std green paintjob. I actually like the rust colour.

unlike peejay, I think the langsters are a good idea. A 'reasonabley' priced, out of the box fixed is a decent idea and this will be my first foray into the world of singlespeed / fixed gear.

can't wait to get in on friday!!

Top Bottom